I am having the same problems as several posters here.
markaandersonco2006

I am having the same problems as several posters here. My note 3 was pre-ordered and worked fine until may 16th of this year. This was the date of an ota upgrade to kitkat. After apps were "optimized" I first noticed such a power drain that my phone lasted 4 hours on standby without use. I uninstalled several apps including facebook which and rolled back google play services for several days. This helped my battery life which extended from 4 to 12 hours at low use. Previously, I could use the phone for nearly 48 hours without charging and using a number of apps which involved graphics, sound and data. Which leads to my next point, any graphically charged app (games generally) causes my phone to heat up tremendously and the phone leaks power like a sieve; again I reiterate this began may 16 with an ota update to kitkat which was rolled out by verizon MUCH later than other carriers but clearly didn't involve fixes.  Finally, and the most nagging problem of all....my mobile connectivity has been shot. I have dropped calls, I have had to drive to get signal, I have missed calls and I cannot afford this!! I am a home health nurse and must be in contact with MD offices and patients. Even mobile connectivity in my home is affected as I have two bars at max. I have noticed the wireless indicator go from 0 to 5 bars in a rapid cycle 5 to 6 times in a few second period and result in "no mobile network found" if I try to call anyone. This service is unacceptable and I don't want to have to root my phone as I am not sure that this would fix the problem. This is a 700 dollar phone and I shouldn't have these problems. If a solution cannot be reached, I am under contract for another year and several months and I demand a new phone. I will be saving all communications (or lack thereof) via screen shot for documentation.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am having the same problems as several posters here.
shaggy7
Enthusiast - Level 2

markaandersonco2006,

Have you tried wiping your cache partition?  I noticed extremely poor battery life after the KK update, like you, (maybe 5 hours of use before requiring charging) and I saw a message on one of the Android Central forum (actually for the AT&T version of the Note 3) that mentioned to try wiping the cache partition.  That appears to have worked. Since then, my battery life has been phenomenal.  I don't know why this worked, or the downside of doing it.  But it worked.   As I write this, my battery is at 66%, and has been on for 14.5 hours (with one brief charge of 15 or so minutes in my car last night).

Wiping the Cache partition from Recovery Mode

This won't erase any important data.  Perform the following procedure:

1) Turn off the device.

2) Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:

a) Volume Up key

b) Home key

c) Power key

3) When 'GALAXY Note 3' appears on the screen, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.

4) When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.

5) Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'

6) Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache.

7) With 'reboot system now' highlighted, press the Power key to restart the device.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am having the same problems as several posters here.
shaggy7
Enthusiast - Level 2

markaandersonco2006,

Have you tried wiping your cache partition?  I noticed extremely poor battery life after the KK update, like you, (maybe 5 hours of use before requiring charging) and I saw a message on one of the Android Central forum (actually for the AT&T version of the Note 3) that mentioned to try wiping the cache partition.  That appears to have worked. Since then, my battery life has been phenomenal.  I don't know why this worked, or the downside of doing it.  But it worked.   As I write this, my battery is at 66%, and has been on for 14.5 hours (with one brief charge of 15 or so minutes in my car last night).

Wiping the Cache partition from Recovery Mode

This won't erase any important data.  Perform the following procedure:

1) Turn off the device.

2) Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:

a) Volume Up key

b) Home key

c) Power key

3) When 'GALAXY Note 3' appears on the screen, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.

4) When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.

5) Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'

6) Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache.

7) With 'reboot system now' highlighted, press the Power key to restart the device.

Good Luck!

0 Likes