Re: How to get credited for Note7 accessories
albertor_vzw
Verizon Employee

AlbertoR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CRAZEEAVERY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't think they know what there doing really. I asked the same Question last night and got the same answer. Today I get on some forms talking about this and people are saying they already got their credit and were told to keep the phone a box will be sent to you to ship it back to Samsung and they walked out the store with a new phone and the Note 7.

jmcolter
Enthusiast - Level 3

AlbertoR_VZW,

I have looked at the Pixel devices and find them to be lacking. No IP68 water and dust resistant rating, no expandable SD memory options, and an unappealing aesthetic design IMO.

I do not want an Apple device as a switch to iOS would be an utter pain given that I am rather invested in Android in term of accessories and the overall Google ecosystem.

The only remotely close option is the Galaxy S7 Edge, but I have reservations about getting locked into a two-year contract with a device that, A: I never really wanted in the first place, and B: a device that will most likely be obsolete and replaced by the S8 / S8 Edge in five months.

To be frank, I would have never upgraded and moved away from my Note 4 if the Note 7 was never an option. I upgraded expressly for that device.

Here's what I would be willing to deal with:

Taking a replacement Galaxy S7 Edge while still keeping my upgrade eligibility so that I have the option to upgrade to a device that I may actually want before the two-year agreement is up, be it when the S8 models come out of if/when the Note 8 is released next year. I don't believe that is too much to ask for given the situation. I honestly don't mind paying for the device if I can upgrade as soon as something I actually want becomes available, without incurring additional costs, fees, or penalties. I simply don't want to be stuck with a device that I would not have purchased if this would have never happened. I believe many other Note 7 customers would agree.

Samsung and Verizon need to make this right. The current plan of action offered by both companies is not doing that.

ebonyr_vzw
Verizon Employee

LISHRODRIGUEZ, we can definitely assist you with that assurance. Here's everything you need to know:  Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RKight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jmcolter, I'm with you 100%.  I absolutely loved my Note 4 and had no desire to upgrade until the Note 7 was announced.  There are no other "currently available" phones I'm interested in, including the S7 Edge.  The only phone I have any interest in is the LG V20, which Verizon has announced it will be carrying.  They have not announced a release date yet but the other three major carriers are releasing it on 10/28 (AT&T currently has it up for pre-order and T-Mobile has it listed as coming soon).  If Verizon forces me to return my Note 7 before I can purchase the V20, I'll likely look at other carriers since they'll have it in a couple of weeks (I'm not under any kind of contract).  I know the recall isn't Verizon's fault but I'm not going to get stuck in a two year payment plan for a device I don't want.  This really makes me wish I hadn't traded my Note 4 for this "pocket-bomb" as I've heard it called.

LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello ebonyr_vwz,

I have reviewed your FAQs but I'm still not clear as to when I will receive the credit and if this will also include the chargers that are no longer usable. I understand that the cases and screen protectors may be a bit more clear cut, but I'm concerned that the chargers may be listed under a more generic code so I won't get refunded for them. I spent over $100 on chargers alone.

NTENSE0911
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also considering a carrier change.   I have 7 phones on my account and mine is the only note 7.  However,  losing money on accessories whether 3rd party or not is ridiculous. I do not think we as loyal customers should be treated like this and made to feel "blackmailed."

CHRSWI27
Enthusiast - Level 3

I took my accessories and the receipt to the store where I purchased them from this evening and the associate gave me a refund using the same payment method that I used. I received the money right away. That would be your best option so you are not losing any money.

LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had tried that initially but the store refused, saying the credits will be issued through the system, the same as the Upgrade fees and taxes on the Note7s. I could try it again but am frustrated with the lack of clear answers. Experiences vary from location to location and this makes for an awful experience for consumers.

adriennep_vzw
Verizon Employee

LISHRODRIGUEZ, I can understand your concern. I do want to help you with this. I can confirm that travel chargers and car chargers purchased from us are included in this refund.

0 Likes