Re: How long can I wait to return note 7?
kapp1985
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've looked at the phones in the list just as RKight did and Verizon really needs to wake up here and take care of it's customers. I'm not an iPhone fan and the Android phones in the list just don't make me want to have a two year contract for a phone that I'm being pushed into choosing. I'd rather return my note7 ending my contract to allow me to choose a phone later down the road rather then be pushed into a phone I don't want for 2 long years...

diredup
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are SPOT ON, giving the current inventory Verizon has, this is nothing but a D*** downgrade. You want to take my sports car and give me a family sedan to replace it and expect me to be happy. If I can't wait for the v20, I'll take my $280 a month to another carrier and see if they would appreciate it more than you obviously do.

ChrisDG74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am in the same boat. I REFUSE to downgrade to an iPhone, and all of the other devices currently available are DOWNGRADES. We bought the Note 7 for a reason: it's the best phone out. I am not going to restart a contact with an INFERIOR device. For me, as well, the only acceptable phone is the LG V20. VZW should either allow us to keep our Note7s until the V20 comes out, which SHOULD be 10/28, and let us pre-order the V20, or provide us with a 'loaner" phone until the V20 comes out. Anything less is completely and absolutely unacceptable. We have been customers for 11 years, and I don't think VZW wants me to take my $245/month somewhere else.....

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you have a previously used device laying around, or a family or friend does you can simply return the Note 7, your contract should go back to as it was; upgrade eligible and when a phones comes out you want, purchase that.

If you'd be satisfied with a $20 flip phone, you can find many options online. Swappa.com is a good place to start, or craigslist (I picked up an LG G3 in pristine condition for $110) and since someone else already ate the depreciation, you should be able to buy and sell it for around the same cost (assuming it's in the same condition.) It's certainly not ideal, requires more work on your part and is absurdly inconvenient, but it's a way to make lemonade when all you got were lemons.

samelectrico
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im joining your team. Verizon has offered an exchange for a lesser quality phone and no compensation and no refund. I too will wait for the LG V20

0 Likes
SHAGGS77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too want to exchange my Note 7 for the V20, but Verizon has yet to put out a release date or start pre-orders. Other carriers have already started pre-orders.

0 Likes
sztheday2006
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will any such deadlines be made known to Note 7 owners via text like the upgrade text I received yesterday referring to the Note 7 return? I tried to go through the process online and got to the end and it said "Oops! we cannot process your upgrade online. Please call customer service, yadda yadda yadda" Really tired of getting the runaround from Verizon. When I returned my original note to a corporate store, after having to pay for the new one, was told my the very snotty sales rep that "You're just lucky we're even handling this. The initial information we got was that it was Samsung's mess and we were going to make customers deal directly with them." I tried to explain to the young lady that even though Samsung did indeed manufacture the phone I was HER customer and as such expected better from Verizon. All I got was push back attitude.

0 Likes
marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

ChrisDG74, I understand that the Note 7 was highly anticipated. With all of the recall issues that are taking place it's no wonder why this is frustrating. We appreciate your business, and don't want to see you go.

The Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge are easily comparable phones. Yes, the Note 7 came afterwards, but it is a different model. If you are really wanting a different phone then you can do a return and use a phone that you already own until the phone releases. We cannot legally allow customers to keep the Note 7 due to them being deemed unsafe by the United States CPSC.

MarcusS_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RKight
Enthusiast - Level 2

marcuss_vzw, using a phone we already own isn't an option for a lot of people, like myself, who traded their only phone in on the Note 7.  When you say Verizon can't legally allow people to keep the Note 7, what does that really mean?  If I say I'm going to wait 2-3 weeks for the phone I really want, will Verizon threaten to shut off my service?  If that's the case, go ahead.  I'm not under contract.  I need a reason to reduce my phone bill anyway.

sutterboy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree I do not want a galaxy s7 or any other phone that is out. I also do not have a extra 800 dollar phone laying around to use while i wait for the LG to come out. On another note we lose our annual Upgrade if we get the s7 ah so that means we will be stuck with a phone we never wanted for two years or be forced to pay it off early......