How long can I wait to return note 7?
OBrienClan17
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to wait for the LG v20 to come out so I can exchange for that since there are no good phones to replace the note 7.  I hate iPhones & I'm not losing my upgrade to take a step down to the s7, when in 6 to 8 months, the next generation will come out.

How long can I wait?

0 Likes
Re: How long can I wait to return note 7?
stever_vzw
Verizon Employee

That is a good question, OBrienClan17. I assure you that we want nothing more than to put the perfect phone in your hands and I would be happy to assist.

At this point in time we do not have an official exchange end date. At this point in time we are exchanging the devices for any of our available phones. We are unable to project any exchanges for phones that will be available at a later date at this time. We urge you to explore our available phones Cell Phones & Smartphones - Compare Cell Phones | Verizon Wireless for a suitable option. Please reach back out to us for any other questions or concerns and we will be ready to assist.

SteveR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

OBrienClan17
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply.

I have shopped online through the link you provided.  No other phone is better than the note 7, in my opinion.  The only other phone I would be satisfied with is the LG v20. That is the perfect phone that can be put in my hands.

I refuse to settle for a lesser phone, which are the only options on your website.  If you are trying to satisfy my need, then allow me to pre-order the lgv20 and give me a loaner phone until it arrives so I am not at risk using the note7 while I await delivery of the LG V20.

A non-negotiable in my book is the need for a phone that can support expandable memory of 256gb via micro sd.  And I'm not buying a crappy Motorola.

I'll even use a $20 flip phone until the LG v20 comes out if that's what it takes.  But I refuse to start paying for a phone that is inferior to the note 7 that I upgraded and traded in my note 4 for (wish I didn't get rid of my note 4).

candiceh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I can certainly understand your concern OBrienClan17. At this time with all carriers the option is to allow an exchange for the devices that we currently have available. We have no information on if and when the LGv20 will be released if at all through Verizon Wireless. While the Note 7 may not have an end date on the exchanges at this time, it could definitely change in the near future. If the deadline does pass and the phone is not exchanged, there would typically not be another extension on when you can return a phone that has been recalled. As of right now the only option to replace the Note 7 would be to replace it with a phone that we currently have available. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns that we can answer for you.

CandiceH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kapp1985
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with ObrienClan17, I purchased the Note7 as well and I expect a replacement phone with the same advanced technology such as the LGv20 without having to restart my contract. Verizon needs to step up to the plate here and show it's customers they have their backs. You can't expect me to pay a phone contract for a phone that, one I don't want, and two that does not have same features. If Verizon makes it's  customers trade in for a lesser phone then Verizon should take back the phone and the contract.

RKight
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also fully agree with ObrienClan17.  At this point, the options just aren't there.  I mean, I can go with the Moto Z with its overpriced accessories that I'll never use.  I could go with a Galaxy S7 Edge, which is almost as expensive as the Note 7 while having half the storage space.  I could go with the overpriced and unimpressive Pixel XL, which does not include an SD slot.  I could go with any of the outdated "cheap" phones.  Or, Verizon can allow me to hold off long enough to get the V20, which is really the ONLY phone I find to be a suitable replacement for my Note 7.  Worst case scenario, I haven't been under contract for some time now.  My phone payment was literally the only thing tying me to Verizon.  I have no problem with just getting a refund and looking at other carriers or even just getting a prepaid phone until the V20 comes out.

AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand your desire for a particular device, Kapp1985. Our valued customers’ safety is our number one priority. We are now allowing our customers with a Note 7 to upgrade to any of our currently available Smartphones. Please see details at this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall-faqs/

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

stevenm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We don’t want to see you leave RKight. We want you to have a safe and reliable phone. You can certainly return your phone and wait for a newer device to be released. Manufacturers are always coming up with new phones and we’re excited to see what’s next.

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

The problem many people are having is that it is being considered an UPGRADE when you are actually being forced to DOWNGRADE to a lesser phone because you have nothing comparable to the Note 7 in price or specs.

RKight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Btw, Candiceh_vzw, you say you have no info on if or when the v20 will be released on the Verizon network. I don't have the when, but I do have the if: The LG V20: coming to Verizon on LTE Advanced | About Verizon

That said, the other three carriers are releasing it on 10/28. I can wait a bit.