How do I reconnect the data widget?
Missyxalli
Enthusiast - Level 1

On my old Galaxy S5 I had a data widget that I was able to use and see the data right away. I've had a Note 5 for quite a while now but the data widget does not show data right away...

The widget from the home screen says 'disconnected.' As often I click that n connect (it makes me log in etc) and go back to my home screen, my widget still says disconnected. I thought it would be same as my S5 so I don't know how to make this work.

I went to a Verizon store on Harbor next to the 91 freeway in Fullerton. I think the guys name was Gerber but he was of very little help and the only reply he was able to give me was that Verizon doesn't train people on things like this.

So how can I fix this? All that guy suggested was that I forever log into Verizon just to check my data (something I check frequently because I share a limited amount of data between family members.)

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data widget disconnected
BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

Missy,

Just so you will know, the data widget works fine on my Note 5, so it isn't the phone/widget combination.

I would suggest that you go to settings>applications>application manager, go to the all tab, find the data widget and clear the cache.  Try logging into it again and see if that helps.

BigRedGonzo

View solution in original post

BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

Missy,

Just so you will know, the data widget works fine on my Note 5, so it isn't the phone/widget combination.

I would suggest that you go to settings>applications>application manager, go to the all tab, find the data widget and clear the cache.  Try logging into it again and see if that helps.

BigRedGonzo

Missyxalli
Enthusiast - Level 1

Omg that worked right away. Thank you so much! 🙂

BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

Glad that I could be of help.

BigRedGonzo

0 Likes