How do I make a downloaded song my ringtone?
1FastSUV
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a portable backup drive with all my cd's and other downloaded songs saved on it.  On my Note 4 I could play any song, click Menu and would be able to "assign as ringtone."  My Note 5 does not allow me to assign any of my music as the ringtone.  I went to the Verizon store and asked one of the employees, but after showing me how to do the exact same things I already did, he said I'd have to load an app (Zedge) if I wanted to load music as my ringtone because "artists won't let you use their full songs for ringtones anymore."  Even if I just paid $1.29 to buy the song on Amazon????????

Does anyone know if it's possible?  Some of the songs have little "locks" beside them, and some don't.  None of them can be used as the ringtone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I make a downloaded song my ringtone?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried putting a copy of the .mp3 file in the Ringtones folder in the phone's internal memory?

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried putting a copy of the .mp3 file in the Ringtones folder in the phone's internal memory?

1FastSUV
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, but i'll try that now.  I put them all in the "Music" folder.  It shows all the files, but when I try to select it as the ringtone it says something like, unable to use file as ringtone.  I'll try to move the files and let you know.

0 Likes
1FastSUV
Enthusiast - Level 1

That worked!  Thank you very much.   Doing it that way moved every song onto the actual ringtone list so I didn't have to scroll all the way down to "add ringtone."

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

0 Likes