Re: How about some kind of announcement regarding lollipop??
Chino10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Reason why Android will never match up to Iphone.   Say all the bad things about apple but they trash Android as it regards to updates.  I have Edge and like it a lot but can't this waiting for an update that everyone else already deployed.

n900mixalot
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cannot believe we are still waiting and wondering. This is bad. I got a Nexus 6. Done with Samsung and Verizon games. Switching to another carrier ASAP. This is your fault Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The "games" are the same at the other carriers unless you purchase truly unlocked phone without any carrier branding.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Fadetonight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I got in the wrong boat yet again. Went from the Icon who Verizon held that Denim update until everyone on every other carrier was talking about the next update. Jumped on this phone as I figured, its Samsung, Verizon loves Samsung and Apple. Oops, wrong again. My buddy has the Note 4 with the update that he got awhile back, but the Edge still nothing. I have the worst luck with this stuff. So in the future I should announce what phone I'm getting and all of you should avoid it like the plague if you want updates....

0 Likes
Bigdog44
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you use the Verizon upgrade assistant the lollipop update is available and thru Samsung Kies
got it today

ACLURE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Use Verizon Software Update got Lollipop installed today

0 Likes
JohnC118
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well as predicted, here it is July and the OTA update is supposed to start rolling out today.  But guess what.. 5.0.1 hahaha. The beginning of this article on theandroidsoul sums it up right..

"It feels kind of weird to feel happy about Verizon Galaxy Note Edge users as they start receiving Android 5.0.1 update when Samsung’s been distributing Android 5.1 update elsewhere. But it’s still Lollipop update, and far incremental one from KitKat — so much that it naturally means a lot.

We hope Samsung and Verizon up team up nicely for the Android 5.1 update for their Note Edge, so that users aren’t made to wait till Android M starts rolling out for Galaxy S6 users."

n900mixalot
Enthusiast - Level 3

We will see how it goes. Don't forget to factory reset before flashing/installing.

0 Likes
n900mixalot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Make that AFTER installing.

0 Likes
JohnC118
Enthusiast - Level 3

My plan was to reset after the update but everything went so good I don't even know if I will bother.  No problems whatsoever and the battery life seems to be even better.

0 Likes