Re: How about some kind of announcement regarding lollipop??
JohnC118
Enthusiast - Level 3

From gottabemobile.."The arrival of the T-Mobile Galaxy Note Edge Lollipop update means that there should be just one more Galaxy Note Edge Lollipop release left in the United States. The Verizon Galaxy Note Edge Lollipop update is still missing in action and it’s not clear when the carrier plans to roll out the firmware."  Yay Verizon

0 Likes
2swizzle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not to put the fear in you, but I don't know if Verizon is going to push lollipop for the note edge. The only reason I'm saying that is because on Samsung's site has all models showing/showed pending updates besides the Note Edge for Verizon...See for yourself.. Official Samsung® Android Updates & Firmwares

0 Likes
justjayhere
Enthusiast - Level 2

youmobile.org is not a Samsung website.. Plus most carriers have upgrade

the Note Edge to Lollipop.. No reason to think Verizon won't.

0 Likes
JohnC118
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have no doubt whatsoever that an update is coming, just a matter of when.  I have full confidence that because it's taking so long and we are the last to get an update on such a current and expensive phone that we will be jumping right from 4.4.4 to 5.1 and skipping 5.01, which was released by Samsung in FEBRUARY. (some sarcasm in there).

0 Likes
n900mixalot
Enthusiast - Level 3

I need SD card access ... We need Lollipop.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This link may be of help.

You can move music documents and media to the SD but not apps.

Transfer Music Files Samsung Galaxy Note Edge | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
JohnC118
Enthusiast - Level 3

A Verizon "test engineer" is in the news today for posting on Google + about the hold up for Droid Turbo getting 5.0, saying the biggest issue was bugs in HD Voice calling. He said the Turbo will be getting 5.1 mid-June.  I'm wondering if anyone asked him about the the situation for the Edge.  His posts have already been deleted.  These guys are so elusive.

n900mixalot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah they are. Problem is, if it's such a big issue for Verizon, why does my Note 4 on Verizon work perfectly with the Lollipop update?

JohnC118
Enthusiast - Level 3

the million dollar question

0 Likes
JohnC118
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well Samsung has announced that the Note Edge is one of the phones which will be receiving Android M by the end of the year. I guess that means Verizon should get it out by 2017.  I wonder if Samsung knows Verizon's Note Edge is still on 4.4.4? Ridiculous.