Hey Verizon, my Marshmallowed Note 5 bluetooth is broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CKNote5

I recently upgraded my Note 5 to Marshmallow and am now having critical problems with Bluetooth connectivity in my car; I only use the bluetooth in my car (ie I don't use a BT headset or headphones), and Marshmallow renders my phone useless for music streaming in the car since it disconnects so frequently.  I never had bluetooth connectivity issues in my car with my Lollipop Note 5.  To help this discussion along, I did not make any other changes to my phone, nor did I install any new apps that could cause a conflict; the only variable that changed was the OS, and the bluetooth issues arose immediately after the Marshmallow upgrade.

Is this issue actively being worked??????????????

If not, and if factory resetting my phone will bring back lollipop, I might just have to resort to such a drastic move. 

0 Likes
Re: Hey Verizon, my Marshmallowed Note 5 bluetooth is broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SignalHunter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here.  Immediately after the Marshmallow update all 3 of my Bluetooth headsets began dropping calls if the phone is more than a few inches from the headset.

There are even YouTube videos about this problem.

Is anyone doing anything about it?  Verizon?  Samsung?

0 Likes
ralph1017
Contributor - Level 1

Looks like this isn't Verizon specific. My older brother have a Note 5 from AT&T and we noticed the same issue when we are trying to pair his phone to my Bluetooth speaker last week when we are camping. It disconnects for an unknown reason. This kinda defeats the purpose of upgrading to Marshmallow

0 Likes
l5858
Enthusiast - Level 3

By chance are you noticing high CPU utilization or sluggnessness otherwise?  I noticed on my prior Note 4 that whenever the CPU was getting high utilization, the bluetooth was cycling on and off. The problem was exacerbated when the phone was hot from charging, being out in the sun, and when high CPU usage was caused by an app (particularly Facebook) probably because the heat was causing the CPU to slow and reduce heat output.  Betting there is a timeout issue between bluetooth and the CPU causing it to go on/off.

I noticed this problem on my Note 4 with 5.1.1 and kept having it until my phone was replaced due to adaptive fast charging stopped working. On my newest HW (4th swap since March), now with Marshmallow I haven't seen the exact behavior yet but have noticed my CPU usage seems to be lower so the heat issue hasn't returned yet either.

0 Likes