Has anyone actually received your $25 credit for exchanging your Note 7?
BICEPSBOB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is playing dirty with the $25 Note 7 exchange credits... First they give you the story that you will get the credit after 15 days of doing the exchange. Next they say: "Well actually it's on the bill the follows the 15 days after you exchange." Well that's not true either!

I exchanged my original note 7 on Sept 20th for the second Note 7. It's November 5th and I just got my 2nd bill since the return and there is no $25 credit. So I had to contact them to get the $25 credit...but guess what... I got an e-mail after the credit was applied and they only gave me $20 credit... so I had to contact them again to get the other $5... unbelievable. All this can't be a coincidence!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone actually received your $25 credit for exchanging your Note 7?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would like to clarify concerning the recall of Note 7 devices. At this time, we are working hard to process the devices back into our systems and properly handle them to avoid any potential issues. Because of this, it can take between 1-2 bill cycles from the cycle when the devices are returned for a credit to be applied. I would recommend keeping an eye on your next bill for credit.

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

The account credit was supposed to be applied in 1-2 billing cycles.  Since you had two exchanges, your total credit should be $125; $25 for the first, and If you exchanged for another Samsung phone after the second recall, another credit of $100.   A second $25 credit applies to an exchange to a non Samsung phone for the second recall.

BICEPSBOB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, what you explained above is how the credits worked once the 2nd recall began on October 10th.

In early September after a few dozen phones burned up (And then when the 1st recall officially began on Sept 15th), Samsung announced that you could return your phone for a full refund, or downgrade to another phone, and for the inconvenience everyone would get a $25 credit for doing either.

However, I exchanged my original Note 7 for the 2nd generation Note 7 on Sept 20th, which was the first day replacement Note 7s were available. So this was well before the $25/$100 offer was available.

My billing cycle begins on the 3rd of the month. So November 3rd marked the 2nd bill since I did the exchsnge... And no $25 credit anywhere. It's taken care of now, so I'm all good. But I just wanted to make sure other Verizon customers followed up on their due credits.

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

You should still have another $100 credit coming if you exchanged for another Samsung phone.

kdowg65
Enthusiast - Level 1

No credit yet too.

dja2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

No credit here yet and no where to check the status of my Note 7 return via UPS.

elgreenfield
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called VZW customer service on one of my lines and then called the store where I did the first exchange for the other credit and received them immediately.

0 Likes
dja2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually I got the first return $25 credit, but haven't received the $100 ($75) credit for exchanging to a Samsung phone.  Again I don't know when I will get confirmation about my Note 7 received and if those credits will be done automatically.

sll1313
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have not received the second $25 credit.  The representative wasn't even aware of how it is supposed to work.  I had to tell her.  Then she had to call Samsung because she wanted to make sure that I wouldn't receive too much of a credit.  Then I had to show her on Verizon's site and Samsung's site and she said I would receive it in 1-2 billing cycles.  The ironic thing is the first recall where they gave us a $25 credit was also supposed to be automatically given, yet I didn't see it.  So I called and a representative said no problem and gave it to me.  I didn't eventually get another onem like this other rep eluded would happen.  As a matter of fact, she originally thought the $25 credit she saw on my bill was the credit already given.  I had to explain to her that this was for the first recall.  She again needed to verify this with Samsung.  I will eventually call back again and hopefully get someone who is trained properly and puts the credit through like the representative who helped elgreenfield above.  Samsung really handled this unfortunate incident horribly.

0 Likes
amberk_vzw
Verizon Employee
dja2k-

We absolutely want to make sure that you receive your Note 7 credit as soon as possible. I have sent you a private message to your community inbox so we can take a closer look at your account. Please respond there so we can provide more personalized support. Thanks so much!

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes