HOW to remove myself from a friend who is group texting?
brigetterad
Contributor - Level 1

OMG. My friend started a group texting conversation at 7:20 this morning and included me in it. Now i'm getting everyone's replies and my phone is going off, of course. Please.... how do i remove myself from this series of text messages?  (without having to ask everyone to stop texting.. or for all of them to remove my number? I don't think they would do it anyway since they do not know me)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HOW to remove myself from a friend who is group texting?
rcschnoor
Legend

You can't. You could ask your friend to start a NEW group text without your number included and hope the others start responding to THAT group text instead of the first one.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You can't. You could ask your friend to start a NEW group text without your number included and hope the others start responding to THAT group text instead of the first one.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
brigetterad
Contributor - Level 1

Smiley Sad Thanks for the quick reply. That is awful. You would think that if we can be added to a group conversation then we should be able to exit from it also. Really surprised that it isn't available with technology today. This is so annoying.  I will send my friend a text to please not include me in group texts again. Ugh.

0 Likes
scottdurbin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately your address has been included in a list sent to all of the other original recipients, and there's no provision for sending a message from your phone to all the other recipients informing them to remove you from the list they received.  If they want to reply directly to the message, it will be to the entire list.

This is identical to when you receive an email message with multiple recipients.  Email applications, however, have separate "Reply" and "Reply to All" actions which are not available in default text messaging apps.  The only option is "Reply to All".  I suspect additional functionality might be found in 3rd party messaging apps and in future OS updates.

0 Likes