Gmail no longer syncing on my Samsung Note 3 after software upgrade
Cyn4boop

Apparently I have NOT been able to receive or send any email since my software upgrade on my phone (since the 16th). . I can't figure out why it's not working. Plenty of memory, cleared out all junk, trash etc folders, turned phone on/off.  Cleared CACHE, checked Gmail account settings. Tried to "refresh" or sync manually. NOTHING working? Won't sync my play store, books or music either.

0 Likes
Re: Gmail no longer syncing on my Samsung Note 3 after software upgrade
Cyn4boop

Up date was the 4.4.4

0 Likes
Cyn4boop

I have also tried the "safe mode" and still no access to Play store or no mail syncing. My play store screen is just blank. I get NOTHING

0 Likes
Cyn4boop

After working on this for almost 24 hours and talking with a rep through a chat window here's a link she recommended trying:

Software Update Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Cyn4boop

Before trying above link, I accessed Gmail through Google Chrome on my phone and went to menu and Clicked on "add to home screen". This put a direct access icon  to Gmail  on the home screen.

Then I noticed directly after doing that all of a sudden my updates for play store started coming through in notification bar. Now my PLAY store comes up and my Gmail now works again from Google ap. It's like it forced it to sync finally. Weird but it worked

0 Likes