Glitchy when texting & keyboard drops down
Fefe25

(Note 10+)

When I open an unread text & reply, the keyboard comes up and then when I start typing it will drop down (disappear) and the small white text box will be at the bottom and I will have to touch where the cursor has stopped and start typing. Never did this before. Usually I could just start replying in the message and my keyboard wouldn't drop down and I could just send after I was done.

Also sometimes when typing a text the screen will jump/flick when I touch a few letters then stop.  It's not continuous but sporadic.  None of this ever happened before the last phone update. Any solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Glitchy when texting & keyboard drops down
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Since the average smartphone is hardly used as an actual telephone any more, having a working keyboard is essential. Is the keyboard only behaving strangely in one specific app, or does it behave similarly in other applications as well? Have you tried using an alternative messaging app, or an alternative keyboard app? Is your device running the latest software, and are all the applications involved updated?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Michsam23
Enthusiast - Level 3

HI, I'm having the same issue. I've tried both Gboard and the default Samsung Keyboard. I have all the latest OS and app updates for my Galaxy S10. I've wiped my cache partition and the caches of both keyboards and the Verizon message app. However, the issue keeps happening, and ONLY in the Verizon messages app. I ran a test and was typing a random paragraph into my Google Keep notes with no issue, same with composing an email in the Gmail app, but when doing the same thing in Verizon messages my keyboard suddenly disappears and I have to re-click into the typing box to get it to reappear. Its very frustrating and I would really like to get this resolved soon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for such detailed information. We also thank you for the troubleshooting steps you've already completed. We'll do everything we can to assist you with resolving the issue you're experiencing while texting with your Samsung Galaxy S10. (e.g., glitchiness while texting). We've also noted that you're only experiencing problems with the Verizon Messages + app. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling that app? If not, please complete this process and keep our team updated. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes