Galaxy note 8 battery drain
Smartypants47

About a month or so ago, battery started draining rapidly for no apparent reason, keeps getting worse. I have already deleted all unnecessarily apps, rebooted, wiped cache partition, am running night mode, shortest screen timeout, using original charger, everything I can find to do. Chrome and digital secure seem to be worst offenders, so I have auto privacy and web scanning disabled, system says not to disable chrome. Nothing is making any difference, what else can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy note 8 battery drain
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Smartypants47. It's important to have a device that has a long lasting charge. We appreciate your efforts for attempting to remedy this. Is the device physically damaged? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Smartypants47

No, it isn't. There is a new system update currently, will see if this makes it better or worse and report the outcome. Thanks for your continued assistance!

0 Likes
Smartypants47

Ok, it's definitely still doing the same thing. The battery lasts fine if I'm not using the phone, but running any apps immediately starts draining the battery. I can carry it all day and it only uses 1-2% an hour, but I open chrome and it uses 15-20% in an hour. The 'battery usage' function doesn't seem to be reporting correctly; it only shows 10% use accounted for when 16% has been used, and it's estimating over a day battery life left when at this rate it couldn't last more than 4-5 hours. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds like a plan! We will be here if you need us. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Smartypants47

I see you're responding to my post from Tuesday but I replied again Wednesday detailing how I'm still having the same issue? Thanks 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those details are very helpful, Smartypants47. We want to cover all angles about this battery issue. How old is your phone? When did you activate for the first time (month and year)?

Batteries are a complex technology, and a number of variables contribute to battery performance. All rechargeable batteries are consumables and have a limited lifespan—eventually their capacity and performance decline so that they need to be replaced. 

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Smartypants47

Activated 6/18/2019. Thanks for your help 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you getting back to us about this issue. Have you tried anything else since our last interaction? CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
Smartypants47

I haven't actively done anything else, have just been trying not to leave it plugged in for too long if already charged and not in use. Doesn't seem any better or worse. 

0 Likes