Re: Galaxy note 7 refund?
Dbeak
Contributor - Level 1

I have been wondering the same thing! My 2 billing cycles are up in a few days and at that point I plan to call Verizon. Let's take bets, I say Verizon will say it's up to Samsung to issue the $100 credit, and Samsung will say it's Verizon's responsibility!

lonestar614
Enthusiast - Level 3

I sincerely hope not. Just give us the credit so that we can finally get this whole ordeal behind us.

JAMMAB30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have called so many times. Even chatted. And finally have been in the store around 5 times to get absolutely no where.

Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

JAMMAB30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly but I have still not received my credit after numerous telephone calls and in store visits.

Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I am still in that final loop as well.  The refund of the Note 7 went through exactly 4 days after I got the Edge.  After 5 weeks, I finally got the box to return the Note and by receipt it was received in the Verizon warehouse on 23 November.

Now, the various conversations on the incentive credit I have heard were:

1.  1-2 billing cycles from date of upgrade, meaning date new phone was bought, applied automatically regardless of return status...at that point in time they had a moratorium on the boxes as they were waiting on more stock.

2.  2-3 billing cycles after upgrade, automatically applied, regardless of return status; I pass the third cycle in about 12 days so will see.

3.  2-3 billing cycles AFTER phone return/received by Verizon, again, allegedly automatically applied.  That would make, what, 6 months give or take a few days?

As an aside, my father's store in South Carolina took his Note and credited everything back at that time, with the exception of the $100 credit for the second Note plus the $25 for the first Note.  He traded his second Note in about 10 weeks ago, essentially only one day after the recall hit for the second Note.  He still hasn't seen either credit and I know his fourth billing cycle ended on 25 November.

I know one thing, they need a new team to set up their contingency planning for this type of problem, plus a new risk assessment analysis, because obviously neither has ever been done.

monicoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Candice,

I do not use twitter or facebook. Can you please send me an email which I believe is in my account info. I did receive a refund check from Verizon for $69 so I guess that is good but I still have not received the $100 credit from Samsung. 

thanks!

Monica

lonestar614
Enthusiast - Level 3

tk3765​, I was actually told your #3. 2-3 billing cycles AFTER receipt of the Note7 phones by their warehouse. They received the phones on 11/7, which means that I should receive the bill credit in February. At this point, I don't even know what to say.

Dbeak
Contributor - Level 1

I speak from experience from the first recall that the problem with #3 is that the date the phone is RECEIVED by the warehouse and the date Verizon actually PROCESSES the return can differ by a couple of weeks. It is so important to keep a record of ALL tracking information because if need be you want to be able to prove you shipped it back.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure everything is in order and check on the status of your credit, Lonestar614! In order to take a closer look over your account, please feel free to chat, call, or reach out to us on Social Media: http://spr.ly/65898K69V

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm here to help alleviate the confusion, let's get to the bottom of this. Are you stating that you have not received a refund for returning your Note 7? I will be sending you a Direct Message momentarily. 

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes