Galaxy note 3 FAILS
BigKitty
Enthusiast - Level 3

The phone has failed in so many ways Verizon needs to make a recall and offer up something else. 1st phone call Quality is real bad lots of noise and that's when you can make a call. This phone Data mines always working until you turn off data all the way including the update capabilities. I have 4 phones on my plan 2 Driod max and 1 samsung galaxy S3 Combined they use about 1 GIG the Samsung galaxy note 3 uses With data partially turned off except when i need it uses 4 to 6 gigs. I am glad it is on a verzion edge program Going to pay it off and sell this hunk of junk. I will keep my plan only for the Galaxy s3 As soon as my Droids are done in a few months I am going to cancel it and have AT&T open me up a plan that new one looks good unlimited talk and text 4 phones and 10 gigs of data for $160.00. I really hate to make that move I have been here at Verizon for about 10 years but it is economics 101 Right now my bill runs with 4 phones about $280.00 a month.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy note 3 FAILS
Jthom

i know just what you are saying..i have been with verizon for the longest, but my note 3 never has any bars, drops way to many texts and calls...it seems as if my local verizon store is clueless in regards of resolving this issue.  it's a shame because i like the phone..but it's useless because i can never make a call.  a lot of my co-workers are turning to at&t and are having no problems at all...something needs to be done by verizon to make this right because their plans are not cheap at all and they continue to bill for service that isn't being delivered on their end.

0 Likes
MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ditto that

0 Likes
J7DET
Enthusiast - Level 2

A M E N  !!!!   A recall for this device under Verizon is exactly what needs to be done.  All other carriers have NO problems whatsoever with this device.  Ohh and when you speak to a rep with VZ, they always and I mean ALWAYS say; "you are the 1st person to tell me anything is wrong with the note 3"!  I mean really??  I tell them to do a google search of how well this cell phone is working, let alone to read their own VZ community forums.

I posted something several weeks ago and it appears we all are suffering with this crappy phone which we paid $300 for... I am tempted to drop my contract and take the $700 or more dollar loss with this carrier and device.. 

0 Likes
MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung claims there is no problem... there will be no recall and no fix because there is no problem.

Don't we all feel better?

I don't

0 Likes
Tuna
Enthusiast - Level 3

It seems to be a common issue.. I don't use the phone to call a lot so I don't know about the drop calls but I'm getting tired of my texts not sending or my signal constantly going from 3G to 1x and having weak signal at work... If I can't even use my phone in an area where I'm at MOST of the day, why am I paying such a high price to have it? 😕

0 Likes
J7DET
Enthusiast - Level 2

so is this a Verizon firmware issue then?!?! seems like other carriers aren't having problems.  According to Samsung rep @ best buy, Verizon doesn't allow certain apps/programs on this device like other carriers

It appears this cell is having SIGNAL, WIFI, BLUETOOTH, & other problems with Verizon's network.!?  You would have to believe with so many replacements and concerns and complaints with the device Verizon would change something drastically!!!!!!  am I riiiight????!

0 Likes
Kneedeepinmuff
Enthusiast - Level 1

WOW! It's all I can say. I've had the Note 3 for almost a year now and ever since the Kit Kat update to 4.4.2 I basically have a paper weight. Before the update the poor call quality was tolerable for the amount of calls I make and receive but now its just useless. Calls aren't coming in, I'm dropping calls and basically any time i'm inside I don't even have enough signal strength to make a call. I'll be at work with one bar and the guy next to me with an IPhone will have full strength. Extremely frustrating! I'm basically walking around with an IPod touch now. I hope Apple comes out with a larger phone because i'm switching as soon as it comes out.

0 Likes
rushmore69
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is wild about the apparent Verizon apathy.  They screwed the device up, but blame Samsung while Samsung blames Verizon.  I was researching the Note 3 and WAS going to update from my S4 to a used Note 3 from eBay.  Since no returns, I checked Google for issues and this issue pops up as number one by a long stretch. 

Samsung devices were not known for the best signal reception, but this is lowering the bar further down than Honey BooBoo.

0 Likes
StaceyA

My note 3 is dropping calls like no ones business. I'm getting only 1X bars at 3G and I use to get 4+ bars on 4G...?? I bought mine in December 2013...seems like it started to glitz around march 2014? What happened? Also my battery life seems to have started to cut down from all day (12 hrs) to maybe if I'm lucky to 6? I don't use the phone that much and YES I have turned off all apps/etc. Verizon said I can get a new battery, but oops! we don't have any...call Samsung. WHA??? any help will be appreciated....just don't tell me that I have an email stuck going out! I'm so tired of the what ifs?!!

0 Likes