Re: Galaxy Note II: Apps, Accessories, Tips, & Tricks
Jazz_E

nice! and one more question, does it already have protection screen include, and Verizon sell it? i checked it out, and it is only for another samsung phone

0 Likes
jlillard
Enthusiast - Level 2

The screen protector is built-in to the case. I'm assuming Verizon will

offer it since Sprint already does.

0 Likes
Tanooki2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has everyone set up Google Now on their phones?  It's been called the "Siri killer" and I can see why after watching this video on YouTube!  It's a personal assistant that learns about you over time and then predicts what information you might want.  For example, I have my home and work addresses set up and this morning my phone told me that traffic was heavier than normal and it would take 9 extra minutes to get to work.  That's pretty cool.  Looks like the uses for this are endless, but it's only as good as the info you put in.  The video link is below:

http://youtu.be/TPw4ZJGy4xk

0 Likes
MBSquarE3
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah it's pretty awesome. Plus I like the fact that I was able to replace

certain apps. Like I have gotten rid of Google Goggles and Shazam.

I just figured out earlier that the blue Google app in the app drawer is

actually Google Now so I can place it on my dock and it a little bit faster

for me then holding down the home button and then hitting Google sometimes .

0 Likes
Tanooki2
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can also hold down the hard menu button to the left of the home button instead.

0 Likes
marz1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I discovered another problem. I recorded several 1080p videos in near silent situations and whenever I move the phone while recording a video, a clicking noise is being recorded. Anyone else noticed this? 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

fyi.....if you use chrome as your desktop browser and stay signed in to your google account it makes google now even more useful. for example, i searched for an office address from my pc earlier today (i only use chrome on my pc). a couple minutes later a google card came up on my phone that gave me the estimated driving time to that address. i didn't even ask....lol. it's like it said "i know you were searching for this address a minute ago so i thought i'd go ahead and tell you how long it will take to get to, just in case you are planning on going there." it will also remind me when my favorite sports teams are about to play. it's ridiculous what it can do.

i haven't play's with the samsung voice actions yet, but they look pretty cool as well!!!

0 Likes
MBSquarE3
Contributor - Level 2

So, I got my Otterbox Defender yesterday and I'm loving it except for one little/big annoyance. Because the screen protector is built in it make the home button now lay slightly recessed. But it's enough to keep letting dust in around that areas small opening. I was thinking that one solution would be to purchase one of those home button stickers like from Spigen. Has anyone else noticed this? And if so, have you tried this solution or what tricks have you all tried?

Thanks

0 Likes
jlillard
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got mine last week and am also liking it a lot. I wouldn't worry about

getting dust in there. You just get used to cleaning it out every once in

a while. Besides there's no cover over the ear piece and front facing

camera so dust can get in that way as well.

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:59 AM, MBSquarE3

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

anyone with a note ii should bookmark this page (youtube channel):

http://www.youtube.com/user/Lucidmike78/videos?view=0

a lot of useless videos, but some really nice tips and tricks.

0 Likes