Re: Galaxy Note II: Accessories, Tips, & Tricks
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Good idea for a thread. Hopefully it stays open and civil.

MBSquarE3
Contributor - Level 2

daveCFPrez wrote:

MB, and everyone else - thanks for the links. Its cool to see what different accessories we each will decide on.

The NFC tags make my head spin! I don't get what they actually do, and am too lazy to remember what I read about them a few weeks back!

Hopefully in a few days I will have some awesome news about my GN2. (and not just talking about it being delivered)

You can't just leave us hanging like that! What did you mean by that last part in parenthesis??

0 Likes
jaymuslonestar
Contributor - Level 1

I would like to suggest that everyone who gets hs or her new GN2 in the next few days try registering it on the Samsung website.  The reason is because once you register it they will email you a coupon code good for 50% off mobile phone accessories and its good for your entire order and not just for one item.  This promotion was still going on as of Monday so hopefully it'll last a bit longer for us late to the game Verizon customers.

As far as my accessories go, I ordered a couple of different colors of the flip covers, a battery charging station that comes with a spare battery, and a hard protective cover.  I wanted to get the Smart Dock also but The Samsung website shows it as backordered right now.  Another good thing about these coupon codes is it says it doesn't expire until 1/10/13 so surely anything that's out of stock will be replentished by then.

AZSALUKI
Legend

i believe there's also a built in samsung sync app that works well. there's actually a number of apps that will do it.

0 Likes
MBSquarE3
Contributor - Level 2

I hope its still around too because I really want that Bluetooth ear piece with the NFC that you just tap the phone to connect to. That sounds awesome but it's been on backorder. I've never really used a Bluetooth ear piece but I imagine this way is better than trying to drive an fumble with my phone to link up with a non-NFC one.

0 Likes
MBSquarE3
Contributor - Level 2

As soon as I get mine I'm putting the screen protector on before I start touching it. It may be crazy but in my mind I don't want to put any finger oils on the screen whatsoever before I apply it. And its one of the wet apply ones so unfortunately I'll have to wait like half an hour before I can begin to play with my Note.

Hopefully this Just Like Glass protector is better than the cheap one my wife just HAD to buy from Best Buy. She has so many scratches its insane. You can just feel the grooves when you slide your finger around the screen. That's that stuff I don't like!

Anyone else putting their protectors on immediately?

MrNetwork
Contributor - Level 1

I appreciate the info.

Spiral wrote:

Yes NFC Tags have their own memory.  The ones he linked to have 144 bytes each.  Another common option are tags with 1kb (1024 bytes) of memory each.  I have a number of these and use them with my Maxx HD for a number of tasks. 

Mostly simple things like turning off the sounds, Bluetooth and WiFi when I get to work and then the same tag toggle's those items back on when I leave work.

Just started learning what can be done but recommend you buy a few tags (5-10) and try them out with your new phone.  FYI the tags can be erased and rewritten so you can change the instructions as you see fit (unless you lock them).

Also when buying, insure you are getting tags compatible for your phone/OS.  Some are not useable on different phone types, example Nexus 4 & Nexus 10 use a different type.

Good luck.

0 Likes
XstitchCowgirl
Contributor - Level 2

My accessories:

ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

wow someone goes all out when she buys a phone

Thouk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why Do you need 5 different phone cases?

0 Likes