Re: Galaxy Note Edge after Marshmallow update randomly restarts its self and prompts for physical password...
nilknoc

I provide this info to help those who like their Note Edge but they are still having trouble with the Marshmallow update.

Of course like yourself I was told to reset my phone and clear the cache and none of this worked. My phone kept rebooting over and over again.

Well I saw on Friday that my phone reported that Touchwiz wasn't responding and then there would be a reboot. Usually this occurred after coming out of a "doze". My phone reboot itself multiple times a day, sometimes the reboot would occur for no reason. Most of the time the reboots occurred trying to login into the phone.

So I looked around and tried to see if I could take away some features of Touchwiz. I found that I certainly could not disable Touchwiz altogether however I tried to see if disabling "animation" could help. And disabling Animation absolutely has resolved my reboot issue.

To do this I went into Developer Options and disabled animation. The default is to use a rate of "1x". I shut it off and my phone has not reboot even one time. To get into developer mode, hit the build number under settings multiple times and you will get 'Developer Options'. To get to the build number, open the Settings screen, scroll down to the bottom, and tap About phone

Now I wanted to see if this was really the resolution so I enabled animation and my phone reboot again within 15 minutes.

Below is a screenshot of the developer options where I disabled Animation. The phone does not look as pretty with animation off but it is better than having the phone reboot constantly. Good luck!

Screenshot_2016-08-28-14-50-53.png

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note Edge after Marshmallow update randomly restarts its self and prompts for physical password...
n900mixalot
Enthusiast - Level 3

You did it nilknoc​ you fixed it!!! You are a hero!

0 Likes
VANHAMMER

Verizon, can you please give us a status update of what is going on to resolve this? And a best guess when we will see a patch?

0 Likes
EdVert

Been having the exact issue. Will try your fix.

0 Likes
TonyStark
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey everyone, just a quick heads up. Recent security update fixed night clock, blank white contact pics, and lessened the reboots.

0 Likes
Hooligan3
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I get the update?  When I do a system update check I get an error saying it's temporarily unavailable.

0 Likes
EdVert

Fix didn't work for me. Still happening.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of keeping your device up to date Hooligan3. Let's see what we need to do to get this resolved. When did this issue begin? Do you have your device plugged in to the charger and connected to WiFi when attempting the update?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EdVert, let's get your phone working like it should. What is happening with your phone? When did this start?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EdVert

Just like the title says when Marshmallow cam out.

0 Likes