Galaxy Note Edge after Marshmallow update randomly restarts its self and prompts for physical password...
Tayheelnc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the update for my Galaxy Note Edge, it randomly locks up then restarts it's self. Once it comes back up it prompts me to put in my password instead of my finger print. I was hoping I was not the only one experiencing this issue. Hopefully there is a follow up update that will resolve some of these issues.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy Note Edge after Marshmallow update randomly restarts its self and prompts for physical password...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Security is always at the forefront of our business model TayheeInc1.The developers of the operating system has made the pass code an initial requirement to unlock the device before the fingerprint can be used to unlock the device upon boot up. This is a protocol that can not be disabled unless the fingerprint and pass code function is disabled entirely. How long does the device sit idle before it locks up? Can we assume that you have your personal information bcked up on either your Gmail account or your Verizon Cloud account?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note Edge after Marshmallow update randomly restarts its self and prompts for physical password...
prtsgrl

Having the same problem and my briefing panel is not showing up on my edge either and it's driving me CRAZY!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

After booting up the phone, you will be required to use the password first time you access the phone before you can use the fingerprint. It is the designed security feature.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are meant to improve your service TayheeInc1. I regret to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing after the update. Does the phone lock up only when accessing certain applications? Prior to the phone updating, did you enable the finger print unlock function?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tayheelnc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

When did they add that feature in this recent update? Can it be turned off?

0 Likes
Tayheelnc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has improved my service overall so that's a plus!! But it is when the phone is idle it just seems to lock up when I press the power button to turn it on every so often. Then it boots up and prompts for that password saying the phone has been restarted. But prior to the update I did enable the finger print unlock function.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was done to increase the security of the phone and can't be turned off unless you remove all security lockscreen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tayheelnc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well dang..... thank you for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Prtsgrl, That is very unusual to experience with your edge panel. We're here to help you figure this out. When did this start happening to you? Are you able to access the panel at all?

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Security is always at the forefront of our business model TayheeInc1.The developers of the operating system has made the pass code an initial requirement to unlock the device before the fingerprint can be used to unlock the device upon boot up. This is a protocol that can not be disabled unless the fingerprint and pass code function is disabled entirely. How long does the device sit idle before it locks up? Can we assume that you have your personal information bcked up on either your Gmail account or your Verizon Cloud account?

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes