I updated my Note 4 to Marshmallow this afternoon. So far, I've noticed the following issues hours after the update:
1. Advanced calling took forever to activate (about 7 hours), but finally did. WiFi calling seems to work, but the other party isn't very loud even with the volume all the way up.
2. My home screen is resetting after being customized. This has happened even after factory resets and battery pulls. My custom clock/weather widget gets replaced by the S Note and S Health Widget. So far, this has happened twice.
3. The third and most aggravating issue, my signal strength has dropped according to the meter. I've gone from 4 bars of service to 1 at my house. I'm also getting the 1X icon instead of 4G LTE. I've never had issues at my house before, so I don't know what's going on now.
Just wondering if anyone else is having issues after the update.
I haven't noticed any of them, but there is one really annoying setting that I have noticed. When you connect your phone to the computer, it only charges. You have to swipe down from the top of the screen to change the USB setting to file transfer. This setting will revert back to to charge only after you disconnect the phone. I think that they need to send out a patch to make the setting stay at file transfer instead of charging.
Charging is the default setting for the USB connection now from the Google source code. I wouldn't expect a "patch" anytime soon.
I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.
Updates are meant to help improve your device and we certainly understand your concerns here. When the screen is resetting, is it the apps being moved, or the wallpaper completely going back to the original? In regards to service, have you attempted resetting your network settings to refresh connection?
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!
1) In regards to the advanced calling, it primarily works when you are talking to another Verizon customer. I've noticed the difference when my phone updated and i made a call to someone having the S7 edge. the new feature of video calling is Verizon version of Facetime. It's pretty cool and comes in handy when talking to another Verizon customer.
2) I haven't had that happen to me, but i have noticed that some apps have changed. but you can always set your phone up the way it was prior to the update that ha come out. Trust i know it could be a little irritating but once you get everything situated, it will be ok.
3) i've noticed that as well. But it does it very intermittently. it is most aggravating when you are trying to use the data and realize that you don't have service that you are paying for.. I just hope that is going to be a patch coming out so that this issue is going to be fixed.
If you are anything like me, you enjoy the note 4 and know that they are going to be phasing it out towards the end of next year. I just look forward to see this upcoming note 6/7. well i hope that this helps as well as all the information that was shared.
Re: USB charging mode vs USB file transfer mode -- you should be able to change this by enabling the "developer options" menu. This menu is hidden by default, but you can enable by going to Settings/About Phone and then tapping on "Build Number" about 10 times or so. Then click the back arrow and you will see a new purple "Developer Options" menu mixed in with all the green menus under Settings - System. Click to open the Developer Options menu.
Once in Developer Options, go to Networking -- USB Configuration and you should be able to select from charging, MTP, PTP, RNDIS, Audio Source, and MIDI. As you indicated, the default mode is charging on my SM-910V.
Not regarding advance calling but regular calls...I cannot hear the other phone ringing when I make a call and I cannot hear the other person talking when they answer (sound IS turned on!)
You should always be able to hear calls come through as well as on them. Is this occurring on every call? While on the call, does it happen through the earpiece &/or on speaker too?
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
My Note 4 experiences all of the issues listed in this thread, but in addition, my bluetooth stereo connection is now filled with constant crackle and pop - type sounds. I use pretty high-end BT stereo headphones, (LG HBS-900), and they've never-ever manifested any kind of distortion on Lollipop. In addition to the distortion issues, the phone periodically drops the connection to the headset, only to restore it a few seconds later. This is super-annoying and quite disruptive, especially if that happens in the middle of a call. Hard to believe that no-one at google or samsung ever bothered to test this piece-of-doo-doo "upgrade", which so far looks and feels like a complete "downgrade". And, that's not to mention the notable slowdown of everything running on my phone. Without exaggeration, everything on my Note 4 now easily 3 or 4 times longer to launch and run. I'm seriously considering moving back to Lollipop until Goog/ung get their act together. And Verizon to at least starts to test the most basic features of the hardware they sell, like BT.