Galaxy Note 4 Freezing/Rebooting After April 2017 Security Update
rmason

My Galaxy Note 4 had very little issues if any since I bought the phone brand new two years ago.  Ever since the latest Verizon April 2017 security update, my phone is constantly freezing and/or rebooting on its own.  I did a factory reset, reloaded all of the apps, and I'm still having the same issue.  When is Verizon going to fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 4 Freezing/Rebooting After April 2017 Security Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your device is dependable at all times. Let's do some digging here. You mentioned doing a factory reset on your phone. This would have removed that security update you mentioned so I am puzzled as to why this behavior would continue. When you restored the device, did you restore from the previous settings or did you restore as a new phone? Is this happening when you use a particular application?

NicholeK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
diagoro
Contributor - Level 1

It's not an app, it's the update. There are numerous other customers here with the same exact problem. Have had it happen in the middle of a conversation, in the middle of the night, or randomly at other times.

0 Likes
diagoro
Contributor - Level 1

My phone has been worse since this weeks update. I've had it lock up a few times, and it randomly rebooted yesterday (when it was idle, screen was off).

But for those that are expecting help, here's the steps that support will take

1. "Do you have the optional extended warranty"? (No, not paying a monthly fee, PLUS a co-pay!!)
2. "Do you have the optional insurance"? No.....(never knew there was such a thing)
3. "Have you contacted Samsung"?
4. "Sorry, we have nothing to do with the updates, they get pushed directly to you by Samsung. Besides, we only sell the phones, we don't make or code them".
5. "How about a new phone? We suggest an iPhone, they have fewer problems"

I have a really hard time believing point 4, but have had at least four different reps tell me this (two of which were level two techs). They will work with you to get you in a new phone, but can fully understand the frustration on both ends.

As for myself, I'm waiting for when the Note 8 drops (hopefully at the end of summer). I tried the S8, it was a [Removed] that felt like a little toy. That, and the screen is much smaller than the N4 (they fudge the numbers by stretching the measurements vertically).

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure your phone is working for you, diagoro. I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble after a recent software update. We always want to assist with the issue at hand before looking into replacement options. I have sent a private message in order to further assist with your phone and account. I look forward to your reply.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes