Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

There's a giant surprise!   Rah Rah AT&T!!!  Boo hiss VZW.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jiff777, we want your business. Let's move forward so that you can stay with us. What issues are you having with your phone?

Have you seen the benefits of upgrading to a new device with a device payment plan?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/device-payment-faqs/

The cost of your device at full retail pricing is split up into 24 months. However, you will receive a discount on the monthly access fee for your line.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I find it amusing that;

1.  VZW is clamoring for the business of only one person in this thread

2.  Obviously, support has not paid any notice that we have ALL jumped through their factory data reset hoops and everything else

3.  All were asking for is 5.1.1 so that our $700-$800 phones work for the duration of our contracts until the lot of us can divorce VZW and move to any other carrier that actually listens to their customers and provides support and updates in a timely fashion

Thanks VZW for once again proving your insuperiority!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

emlspencer, we don't want to let you down. We're here to help. What issues are you having on your phone?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let's be honest.  All everyone is asking for is Android 5.1.1.  I have done 2 factory resets, erased apps one by one, and everything else that has been suggested.  My battery life sucks, I have to send calls multiple times before the phone actually dials them, Bluetooth connectivity is shoddy at best and my phone will just randomly power itself off.

I was told back in June that 5.1.1 should resolve all of these issues.  It is now almost November.  VZW FAIL

jiff777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me see if I have this straight. I purchased the Samsung powerhouse, "flag ship" phone for 2014 and your solution for getting the latest android update is to purchase a new phone less than 12 months later. Why didn't I think of this? Every time android issues an update, just purchase the latest and greatest which has the update already installed. I understand that support people have little or no control, if or when Verizon issues updates, or in the case of the Note 4 just doesn't do anything. I would just wish you would convey to the higher ups, that I, as an individual, will vote with my dollars. I purchased an Android vs. Apple to have some control over my phone and receive the leading edge updates. You would think that Verizon was in cahoots with the NSA in not even publicly mentioning where we stand on any future updates. Everything is hush hush. We live in a world of communications. Verizon makes its money facilitating communication, however, they fail at communication 101. Without us, Verizon does not exists. Okay, I'm done.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

All of you keep forgetting Samsung is the manufacturer and the company responsible for writing the code for the OS updates.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MykeUA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon: We want 5.1.1 for the Note 4. Please answer this direct question...

When will VZW be releasing the update to android 5.1.1 (or 6.0 at this point) for the Samsung Note 4?

jiff777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel like I have been taken out to the tool shed. I apologize to everyone. I didn't realize that Samsung, the manufacturer, also wrote the code for their devices.   I must have been dreaming that the other phone carriers had already received the update for 5.1.1, one as far back as early August. This is what Verizon gets for being such a "small" carrier compared to Sprint. I guess Samsung is "punishing" Verizon and holding back the code. Once again, how about information Verizon. I guess if I were a Verizon employee, I would also support them on this forum. I want answers, not excuses.

jiff777
Enthusiast - Level 2

ps. Slight correction. Google writes the code, Samsung tweaks, and finally Verizon also tweaks and releases the code. My apologies once again. Samsung tweaked months ago.