Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

I agree the note 4's worked just fine on 4.4.4 and now we can't even get

5.1.1 update. that all of the other carriers have gotten already even the

gs5 has got 5.1.1 update. so verizon we are tired of waiting for are

phone's to work properly it has been way to long this should have been

taken care of a long time ago so if you care about your customers then you

would make sure the devices you sell and update work properly.

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

I really want a phone that can make a phone call without being on a network extender.  Last time I talked to tech support I was near a 60% drop call rate.

0 Likes
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon should be taken steps to fixing the problems that use note 4

owner's have been having. verizon needs to make it right and fix this

problem and the bad thing is they know about all of the problems. With the

note 4

0 Likes
jiff777
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Verizon cared in the least bit about their customers, they would publicly state they were working on the 5.1.1 update and resolving issues. Giving me 6.0 will not in the least bit, "make it all right." As previously stated, we have 2 ea. Note 3's, 2 ea. Note 4's and a Droid Turbo. As contracts expire, I am confident we will be moving away from Samsung and probably Verizon. It will be interesting to see how many other people move away from Verizon as the Note 4's come up on 2 years. I'm thinking T-Mobile and a different device manufacturer. Customer service includes communicating with your customers, not marketing a new 700-800 dollar phone to me. I now have to restart the phone on a daily basis to improve the ever increasing lag from my Flagship phone. I empathize with the poor Verizon Reps who attempt to make excuses for their employer. America doesn't manufacture anything anymore and they are trying to exist on a service only culture. Verizon, you are failing miserably at servicing your customers. Fool me once...

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

Don't buy what? The threats to leave or the reports of issues? Because I have to ask: how many people with the Note 4 do you know? One? My Note 4 (I guess both of them, since I got a replacement), a family member's Note 4, a friend's Note 4, and quite a few people (100+) on the internet who say they have problems. There are definitely a lot of people who are lucky enough to not have issues, but I can assure you there are at least as many people with problems, and these problems are severe. Even if we don't have problems, we're still completely vulnerable to Stagefright 2.0. If Verizon/Samsung isn't obligated to release 5.1.1 because 5.0.1 doesn't work well for some people, I'm fairly certain there's some agreement that security updates will be provided. For the threats to leave: just look at this thread. People have already left, and more are on their way to moving. Look at other threads and other forums. Dozens have left. This thread, however, has nothing to do with leaving Verizon. Those posts with threats to leave and those about those who have left are technically off-topic. This thread is about wondering WHERE THE HELL THE 5.1.1 UPDATE IS FOR OUR PHONES. I think it's rather important to have a major security fix, don't you think? A performance increase is a nice side benefit, since that's what you seem to think.

0 Likes
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

Very will said bro

0 Likes
JoninPhx
Enthusiast - Level 1

When is 5.1.1 coming out or 6.0? This really is a Verizon fail. Other "fixes" doesn't fix the updates that should have been here over a month or two ago.

Thank you,

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Ok this is getting old yes I would also like the 5.1.1 update as wwll. But if they are not pushing it out because it will give us another issue then by all means wait for the 6.0 I do not care. What I do care about is about getting an update that fixes some of the errors the note 4 does have since upgrading. The quicker the battery drains compared to previous operating system. I mean it is not bad but it is there. And love to see new updates fixing these and other problems people are having whether it be in the 5.1.1 update of the 6 update as long as we are one of the first ones to get the 6 updates first for a change. That would make it fine with me to wait for the 6 update.