Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Bigsteelguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a better idea, just leave the company, and mention to all our friends and family how terrible this company is to their customers, and keep getting other people to move to other good carriers away from Verizon that are willing to update their phones to the latest Android version.

0 Likes
DarthScott
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is the number:  [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

I'm saving that, since it's definitely going to get removed.

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, it will be removed since it violates the forum policy. 

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/articles/202664664-Wireless-Services-and-Billing

0 Likes
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

All mine got removed

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Jhahn01 wrote:

You have got to be kidding!!!!  Buy a phone to replace the one they won't fix and still support them!  That really is funny!  I know you say you don't work for them, but why this undying loyalty to a company that will screw us and never bat an eye?

The person I was replying to was threatening to switch to the Google Fi network. They would have had to purchase a different phone anyway. I was just giving them the idea/option to use that Fi compatible device on the Verizon Wireless network until they were able to pay off their device payment balance before switching. They could just as easily stay if they liked how the Nexus worked on the VZW network too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

JimHarn

No more Samsung Phones ! LG, Motorola, Apple and Nexus all update their phones , even on a slow to respond Verizon Network.. Samsung cannot handle the amount different devices they manufacturer.  They are more interested in selling devices than supporting them and losing customers quickly. Samsung has lost they're way, Time to move on !

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

While I do agree that Samsung has gone downhill, I don't think it's because it has too many different product lines to handle. Sure, it has about 4 phones and 3 tablets. but Apple has two variants of its phone, three tablet lines, a few different MP3 players, and about 4 computer lines, all under the same company (although the products have declined in quality). Samsung has different divisions for their other electronics. LG also has a bunch of different products, and they're getting better. Motorola has quite a few, and they seem to be OK. Since Nexus phones and tablets aren't even made by Google, they're the only products that don't stand among many others under one manufacturer.

Samsung isn't overloaded, its simply made (a bad) decision to move away from selling to power users. The company has decided to make its devices look "pretty" and stylish in an attempt to directly compete with Apple. Instead, I believe, Samsung has lost a large customer group, and Apple owners tend to be pretty steadfast in valuing beauty over actual performance and longevity.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Samsung has 13 phones and 6 tablets in their lineup and they are all different specs and are in different t regions.

Tidbits
Legend

Motorola Mobility sells what you see. Motorola has been broken down into various parts and sold to different companies.

Motorola Mobility was sold to Lenovo

Motorola Modems and such was sold to Arris

And their other divisions were sold off as well after Google acquired the company.

Apple does everything in house and doesn't release all their updates until everything is finished. Join their ADC($100 a year) and you'll see what I am talking about. Last beta CDMA devices actually finished first about 3 month prior to them finishing the GSM versions. They waited and when the GSM versions were finished they pushed the update. Also Apple has Carriers do the ADC to ensure their apps and also their network settings works with the respective carriers. They are not immune like the perception looks.

0 Likes