Re: Galaxy Note 3 horrible reception
itechteam
Enthusiast - Level 3

babylon what I have come to understand is the replacements need to be after a certain build date, the phone they sent me appears to be new. I will look for the build date that I saw on another web site. But for me, I was where when in the office I could not make, get calls or send texts. Now I have no problems like I did before the update. If you are in your first year they will give you a replacement, goto a verizon company store they were better to deal with then support, support kept me jumping through hoops I went to the store and had a new phone in 3 days.

0 Likes
babylon78

I am in he first year, though I wonder if I can even ask them for a phone that after a certain build date. I don't think they would give me that option or allow me to request that... Would you happen to have the build date on yours?

0 Likes
momstudentwife
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same issue -- new Sim card, replacement device ---- it's the software update.   Since the update reception absolutely sucks!!!!!!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You might try changing the Network setting from Global to LTE / CDMA see if that works..

0 Likes
FirefighterBgRG
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been having the same issue with my note 3 and after much research it appears it is a ve3ry common problem. I went in to my local verizon store and they changed the setting from Global to LTE/CDMA but that seems to make no difference. They said that their next step will be to change the sim card, but I have read several people hve done this without any effect. It seems as if it is related to the last update.

0 Likes
babylon78

Don't bother replacing the SIM card. I have already done that, and so have quite a few people on this forum.

I haven't yet obtained a replacement phone, but some people have, with no positive results. Except for one person, apparently.

This is really absolutely ridiculous. Isn't there some measure to allow us to break out of a contract if we're not receiving adequate service? It's pretty ludicrous to be paying so much money for a non-working device.

0 Likes
carlosramos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done the same replace SIM cards replace the phone and change the settings from global to LtE. there is no fix for me the problem fluctuate there's no specific time or place it does It. I might be thinking it's an app that causes it. Whatever the reason it shouldn't happen. We all paid a pretty penny for this phone.

0 Likes
carlosramos
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon who are you trying to kid. This is an ongoing issue and believe me I have spoken with tier 3 technicians and still no resolution. One very unhappy Verizon Wireless customer.

0 Likes
nerd4mit
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did anyone ever get a fix from this thread? Just curious.  Noticed Verizon kept asking questions and making suggestions.

0 Likes
planactmove
Enthusiast - Level 2

<< Duplicate post.  See NOTE 3 has horrible service. >>

<< Thread closed by Verizon Moderator >>

0 Likes