Re: Galaxy Note 3 horrible reception
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

budone wrote:

VZW and Samsung really needs to get the signal issue corrected. I have 4-5 bats until i make or receive a call. Then the signal drops like a lead balloon. I hqd someone concerned about me last night as they and another tried to call me and each call went straight to VM.

Yikes, that's not good.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

leonadarlene
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband has much better reception with his S5 even when we are sitting next to each other. We do live in a rural area and don't have good signal anyway when we are inside our house which has a tin roof and tin ceilings.  But he can text, call and even browse the internet.  I usually can't even send or receive a text, much less send or receive a call.  It doesn't even register that I've missed a call.  The internet is totally out of the question.  Our phones are so similar, but his has so much better reception.  It has to be a problem with the Note 3.  I would like to be informed when there is a solution to this problem.  Otherwise, I want Verizon to let me switch to an S5 at no charge.  I've already spent too much time on the phone with Verizon customer service, Verizon technical support and Samsung Technical support.  I've also spent too much time searching the internet before I stumbled upon this forum which proved to me that there is a problem with the phone itself.

dayvid
Enthusiast - Level 1

4G cuts in and out for me as well in big cities such as NYC and Newark.

0 Likes
dayvid
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone service has suffered since the upgrade to KitKat too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dayvid!

I don't want you having any issues with your service! Are there specific locations you can provide me with, so I can look into this further? Is this a new issue or ongoing? I'd like to determine if this issue is network-related or equipment-related. Please provide me with some cross streets or an intersection and I'll happily take a closer look into it for you.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
flizsr917
Enthusiast - Level 2

I having the same issues with my note 3 in the cincinnati, ohio area specifically in my home. no signal, no service, going in and out of service. etc...

0 Likes
mac_carter

I have had my Note 3 since Oct 2013.  I loved it and had no problems with it.  After the last update to KitKat and they also turned on the XLTE stuff in my area (Asheville, NC), I have had nothing but issues.  My biggest issues is the signal quality has gone WAY down.  I get dropped calls a lot, I try to make calls and the phone just sits there with no bars at all.  When I am talking with people they break up all the time, I have people telling me I sound terrible and they can't understand me.  I have called support a couple of times, and got the normal run around saying it was fixed, but it has not.  I have called a few more times late at night only to be on hold for 45+ mins and no one ever responding.  I did have the battery issue where is would drain out the battery quickly.  I read online about the microSD card check thing causing this and did a hard reset and then reformatted the microSD card.  This took care of the battery problem.  I just can't stand the signal issue.  They tell me to go outside and that is the problem.  I try to explain that I have never had a problem with the signal until after the update, or tell them I have another S4 and S5 right beside me and they have great signals while mine goes up and down and off.  I get the "no mobile network found" when I dial people even when I am sitting down town in the middle of the city.  I hardly ever complain about things, but I am paying a lot of money each month and paid a lot for the phone, so I would like to get this fixed.  I have tried all the fixes suggested on this and other forums with no luck.  I would like to just swap out the phone for a S5 since it seems to be a issue with the Note 3.  My phone is in mint condition so I have thought about selling it and canceling my Verizon account and going elsewhere but I don't think it is fair to have to pay at ETF fee because I am getting terrible signal issues.  Anyone have any suggestions or can a Verizon Rep help me out??  Thanks for listening......

Mac

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

flizsr917

We definitely want to make sure you get the service you need! Which zip code are you in? Does this experience continue if your device is in Safe Mode? Here's how to test: http://vz.to/RJ54bT

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
flizsr917
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issues in out of service in safe mode. 4G to 3g to none.

On Jul 8, 2014 11:36 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
itechteam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I may have a fix - goto setting from the home page, click more settings, then click mobile networks, then click network mode, change it from global to lte/cdma. I did this yesterday and I am able to make calls in places that I could not before when I would get the no mobile network found.

Also under settings, mobile networks, global data roaming access make sure the allow access for all trip is checked and not deny data roaming access.

Those are the 2 changes I made and the calls are working better.

0 Likes