Re: Galaxy Note 3 horrible reception
Tuna
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sadly I am in the same boat as you. So I just came back from the Verizon store after getting my SIM card swapped. The issue is still there. I'm still at 1x signal sitting here in my office. With my previous phone, I am at least able to send texts and browse. With my Note 3, it's a hit and miss on everything. Texts sometimes send and sometimes it will kick back and asks me to retry.. Time to start looking into a new phone since I can't even use this one much.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tschauman

We definitely want to make sure that you're back up and running with good service! Does your Galaxy S3 show 4G LTE service in other locations than home? Are there any other devices at home or that visit and get poor service? Have we ever tried replacing the SIM card itself?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tschauman,

Let's ensure you can use your device everywhere you go! Do you only have issues in your home? Or do the issues happen even while outside? Have we replaced your SIM card? Is your software up to date?

Please share additional details so we can get to the bottom of this for you!

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tuna,

Sorry to hear you have been having reception issues as well. You mentioned another device seemed to work fine in the same location as where you are having trouble with your Galaxy Note 3. What zipcode are you having the trouble in? Do you have any case on the device? If so, does the problem persist with the case removed?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tschauman
Enthusiast - Level 2

My 4g LTE service does work in other locations, but I have 3 other devices in my house that are solid 4g and solid reception.., Mine is so bad with the note 3 that I can't even send a text msg out in my own house.  The SIM card has been replaced and same issue, 1x to zero signal constantly, mostly zero connection.  I can be standing in my house and one second 4g will flicker and I better hurry and send my msg as quick as possible then straight to zero connection. this is very frustrating and I am ready to get a different phone since the issue can't be solved.  What will Verizon offer me since I paid 600 dollars for a phone that I have never been able to use properly since day one.

Tuna
Enthusiast - Level 3

The other device I was using is the Galaxy Nexus. The area in which I am using it is 95833. Even though it does work better than the Note 3, the signal is still low for the Nexus but still strong enough to allow me to browse and send texts without any interruption. With the Note 3 it's always a hit and miss. Earlier today I had to hit the "retry" about 5 times before the text finally sent, LOL.

Kookaburra
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problems. Never had an issue with my Droid X.

Already been through the ringer and problem persists.

Tried… Restart

Factory reset

Verizon finally sent me a replacement … NO CHANGE

Zip 29646

MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

I switched to Galaxy S5 by paying up my Edge contract, Now, I have a phone that works.

JenMiller916
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact issue with my Samsung Note 3!  The past few weeks to months it's getting so bad I can't even get a call on my phone! !!  What's up with that?

JenMiller916
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in zip 95758 and I can't send texts from various places from home to any random place outside! My friends that have other phones...all have full bars amd 4G while I'm showing 0-1 bar and 3g!  Arg!