Galaxy Note 3 horrible reception
disaac_24
Enthusiast - Level 1

90% of the time I DO NOT have 4G lte even though I live in an area with dense 4G coverage.  Which is ridiculous considering the fact that this phone is  supposed to be top of the line.  I have tried everything from a new sim card, a new phone and doing factory resets on the phones. I set it next to my wife's iPhone and she has full 4G and I will have no service at all.  This is obviously a problem with the note 3 because every person I know with a note 3 has the same issue. I am beyond frustrated and contacted t mobile about switching over today.

Re: Galaxy Note 3 horrible reception
Scythe0925
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here, wife has S4 with full bars where i get nothing. In school, other verizon users get 4g, i don't even get cell coverage (dropped/missed calls)

but if i step outside, I am fine (after a few min)

MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

To call the reception horrible would imply there was some reception. Mostly I see, no mobile network. That's non existent reception

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this Scythe0925! Did this begin after anything specific happened? Try powering the phone off and removing/inserting the sim here http://vz.to/1l2WBv1 test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tschauman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same issue as  Scythe0925, my wife has a Iphone 4 and gets perfect reception, mean while i have to search around the house to find 1 sliver of a bar to maybe get a text out or a phone call, my old iphone before updating had not issues with reception what so ever in the same house ect... I have tried to powering down and removing sims card and seems to be no change at all.  1 second 4 g will flash up then like a light switch NO reception, then flickers to 1 little sliver of reception 1x and then nothing.. this happens sitting in the exact same spot in a matter of mins.  But the majority of the time it has zero reception and is very frustrating when you pay $600 for a phone and cant even use it....  I need something to change because I pay a lot of money to you guys a month for this phone and am getting a 1/4 of my service in which I pay for, I miss important work phone calls, emergency calls etc.... its not reliable what so ever and this has been a on going issue with a lot of Samsung Note 3 users since release day!

Scythe0925
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried all of that, No change. Last night we were in walmart, I had nothing, she has full 4g. We get in the car, head across the street. I get 3g, she still is at 4g. 3-5 min later, I get 4g back.

Sitting in class today. Iphone 5s on Verizon, full signal.

Me, no signal at all (including cellular).

Scythe0925
Enthusiast - Level 2

i get this alot, the 1x connection....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's explore options to resolve this reception issue MyNote3Problems! What is your ZIP code? Do you have reception issues in a particular location (home/office/school)?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
tschauman
Enthusiast - Level 2

59425.  in my house this phone is terrible, my old phone and wifes phone are solid reception.  otherwise anytime I go in a building of any sort it is hit or miss on reception.  this phone spends alot of time in 1x recp when every phone around me is in 4g

MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been through that over and over Antonio.... noting you can do will fix the Note 3.

I have given up and will switch phones as soon as your support team can make it happen.