Re: FM Chip Disabled on Note 10 Plus
Janiz1998
Enthusiast - Level 1

According to nextradio, as long as the headphones are wired, they can work as an antenna. I'm interested in this too. I went to use Next Radio this weekend and was shocked it didn't work. I haven't had this issue and I have updated to almost every Note for the past several years. I hope they fix it! I also have an unlocked one, so I don't know if Verizon can fix it for me.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Janiz1998 wrote:

According to nextradio, as long as the headphones are wired, they can work as an antenna. I'm interested in this too. I went to use Next Radio this weekend and was shocked it didn't work. I haven't had this issue and I have updated to almost every Note for the past several years. I hope they fix it! I also have an unlocked one, so I don't know if Verizon can fix it for me.

In order to ‘fix’ it has to be ‘broken’.   It’s not.  The lack of a 3.5 heandphone jack spells the end of FM radio.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mama23dogs wrote:

@Janiz1998 wrote:

In order to ‘fix’ it has to be ‘broken’.   It’s not.  The lack of a 3.5 heandphone jack spells the end of FM radio.  

Unless a USB C wired headphones will work and act as the antenna. I don't think the OP or anyone else mentioned using such when they attempted to access the FM radio. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
javasmith

It worked fine on my Samsung Note 8 from Verizon using the NextRadio app. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@javasmith wrote:

Were you using wired headphones at the time? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Legend

@javasmith wrote:

The note 8 and 9 still had a 3.5 mm headphone jack.  

The Note 10 does not.  

0 Likes
rcwetzel

I bought a note 8 thru verizon and I have HAD that capability. Sorry you are not up on the technical aspect of this.

0 Likes
NancyTM1

Bluetooth is certainly included in every Samsung smartphone. Iam listening to a Note 10 plus on a bluetooth headset right now.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NancyTM1 wrote:

Bluetooth is certainly included in every Samsung smartphone. Iam listening to a Note 10 plus on a bluetooth headset right now.

You are also streaming through your data connection and not a FM antenna. 

0 Likes
JimNonurbiz
Enthusiast - Level 1

over 2 years with this Galaxy phone on Verizon listening to the internal FM- then switch to Verizon prepaid (same Phone) now the FM is blocked

0 Likes