Email messaging
JAC799

My email used to capitalize automatically the first letter of every sentence as well as insert the period at the end of a sentence.  It stopped working even though my settings are the same.  I even tried resetting them to no avail.  Not sure how long it's been broke. Maybe since last update?  Anybody else have this problem or a fix?  It's a major pain to lose a feature after you have come to rely on it!

0 Likes
Re: Email messaging
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That wasn't the email application . It was the keyboard application and its settings .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JAC799

I have not changed my keyboard settings.  It is set for automatic capitalization of 1st letter of every sentence and automatic punctuation.  So why did it quit working?  I noticed after my original post it seems to be capitalizing the first word of every paragraph and not every sentence as it is supposed to.  Something is wrong when it doesn't work the way it used to or is supposed to.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The application itself might have been updated. Sometimes you have to go through the settings after a major application update to verify the settings weren't reset.

You can also try a different keyboard to see if it makes a difference.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carment_vzw
Verizon Employee

JAC799-

I definitely understand the inconvenience this may be causing as I also rely on this feature to work when I am composing an e-mail. May I ask if this is happening with other e-mail accounts as well? Are you using an e-mail app or is this the built-in email app that comes pre-installed on your phone?

Carment_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAC799

My Gmail works great, just as its supposed to.  It's the email app that came on the phone that quit working.

0 Likes
rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to be sure you are able to use your device to its full potential jac799. Let's continue working towards a resolution. Just to clarify is Gmail the only email account you have on your device? If not, do you experience the same issue with the other email accounts as well? Does issue only occur within the email app or do you also have trouble with typing in other apps as well such as text messaging?

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAC799

As stated previously the only application I am experiencing this problem with is the email application that came loaded on my phone.  Gmail and text work perfectly.

0 Likes