Do Not Disturb turns off as soon as it turns on
Agios11

On Black Friday I upgraded from the S8 to the Note 10+.  Ever since then, Do Not Disturb will turn itself off immediately after turning on.  It does this whether turned on manually or by schedule.    I had my Gear 3 watch synced with my phone and it was turning DND off on my watch as well.  I turned off the sync and DND on my watch works fine.    I reset my settings right after this first started, and DND worked great for that night, but then went back to immediately shutting off as soon as it turns on.  I downloaded a software upgrade a few days ago.  DND worked fine that night also, but then went right back to turning itself off.  How do I get DND to works again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Do Not Disturb turns off as soon as it turns on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that your phone's DND feature works fine temporarily and then turns itself off, Agios11. The fact that it worked fine for a day after a software update is indicative that something is impacting the DND feature after a few hours of your phone being used.

This behavior indicates that something is being used or enabled after a few hours and that makes the DND feature to turn off. We need to isolate this issue further, let's disable all the third-party applications and test. Please restart your phone in Safe Mode as per this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-227300/) and test the DND feature for a few hours. Let us know if the issue continues while the phone is in Safe Mode.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Agios11

I did not leave my phone in safe mode for a hours as I need it.  However, DND was working in safe mode.  It did not immediately turn itself off as it normally does.  It stayed on for several minutes.  How do I figure out which third party app is affecting it?  I have all the same apps on my new phone as I did on my old phone.l

0 Likes
Agios11

I figured out the problem.  It was the On My Way app.  It turns on DND when driving.   I disabled the permission for that app to access DND and DND appers to be working now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad to learn you were able to discover which 3rd party app was causing this interference, Agios11. We hope you enjoy your new phone and thanks for being the best part of Verizon Wireless. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes