Disgruntled Note 7 Customers
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon is faced with disgruntled customers due to their inappropriate behavior. This whole fiasco over the Note 7 could have been easily avoided with a little customer consideration. The Note 7 is the highest priced, most advanced phone on the market but due to a faulty battery it has been recalled. Here is the problem however, Verizon is telling their customers to DOWNGRADE to another phone and forcing them to use their UPGRADE option! How do you UPGRADE from the Note 7? You don't! A simple choose another phone and make payments on it while keeping your UPGRADE in place would have been the proper response to a terrible situation.

Re: Disgruntled Note 7 Customers
ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

I completely agree...that is the only fair thing to fo!

ERILUN16
Enthusiast - Level 1

I paid my s6 off and still have my up-grade intact I received the note 7 and the day it arrived to my house the full recall went into effect I didn't get a chance to experience the note7 so going by the website and of course talking to someone in customer service I was told I could return the note7 to a corporate store to deal with the refund, well evidently customer service and the corporate stores don't communicate with one another because they won't allow the return at the store so now I have to wait until an empty box comes to my house in order to return the phone which is a waste of time. but I decided to keep my upgrade and just continue to use my s6 until a phone comes out that I really want then I will upgrade

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, it's good that you could do that, I am in the same boat, I went back to an older Note 3 for the time being. Unfortunately for many this is not the case as they traded in their only phone, and my Note 3 has seen much better days. No, one reason I believe Verizon is purposely overlooking the obvious solution is because they are trying to push out the Google Pixel (no interest here). Being as how I am no longer under a contract I am doing some shopping around, my wife and kids still have a few months on a V10 and 2 iPhone 6's (paying $300+ a month). I can check out the competition and see if it is worth moving everyone to a family plan elsewhere. Verizon has been a fine carrier but this Note 7 business has left a bad taste in my mouth from the first recall and the "first come first serve" episode where they did not take care of the Note 7 people who had pre-ordered before selling out the first shipment of replacements, and now this DOWNGRADE to an UPGRADE business.