Disappointed in not being able to participate in $250 Gear 2 promotion with Note 7 purchase
tamerg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday I purchased a Note 7, which by the way, I am not happy with.  It is lagging severely on full power (not battery save mode) when playing games like Temple Run 2 and the battery drops instantly, down to 71% after unplugging it 40 mins ago.   But my issue not being able to purchase the G2 watch for $250 off because I am grandfathered into the unlimited Nationwide data plan.   No one in the store could help or on the phone.   Very disappointed in not being able to receive this promotion.  I have been with Verizon 18 years and the fact they can't just add $5 connected device charge to my monthly bill to work around my grandfathered plan is disheartening.   In the last year you have raised my unlimited data charge by over 60% and yet I still can't take advantage of deals available to others with the exception of the payment plan.

Less than 24 hours into "upgrading" my Galaxy S6 edge (which I paid full retail on the stop for and was a poorly performing phone) I am regretting the this purchase.  

Grandfathers plan customers are still customers and their loyalty should not be penalized by not being about to receive the same promotions as customers on newer plans.   

0 Likes
Re: Disappointed in not being able to participate in $250 Gear 2 promotion with Note 7 purchase
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you a single line on your account or a family plan? I don't know if they would be able to add it an additional line for the old $9.99 additional line charge.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Disappointed in not being able to participate in $250 Gear 2 promotion with Note 7 purchase
mama23dogs
Legend

You have your privileges and the new accounts have theirs.  In order to add a connected device, this is the price. 

Torij1825
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am grandfathered in and received the 250 gear fit or memory card from what i understood you had to preorder the phone in order to get the gear or card that's what i did and I got the memory card with no issues.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the promotion was advertised well before the phone came out the 119th.

0 Likes
jamal22066
Enthusiast - Level 1

From my understanding, you can get the deal directly from Samsung by going to the following:

Samsung Promotions

You should be able to get the deal granted you can prove purchase of the device was made before August 28th. They will make you enter the device ID as well as an image of your receipt. I do not believe you need to go through Verizon at all to redeem the deal. Any grandfathered plan you have with Verizon should not matter as long as you can provide proof of purchase.

BLACK_LAC96

You should go to the samsung website and register for your promotion. It has nothing to do with your plan at all.

0 Likes
KRUFF1911
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to the Samsung website and looked into the issue and it didn't say anything about being on a certain plan. You just had to have purchased the unit within the specified time frame and have documentation to support your purchase. I just did it. Waiting on mine

STEBUR6

Entered my info into the Samsung site and got my G2 watch in less than 3 wks.

0 Likes
WATKINSFORLIFE1

I didnt get mine from Verizon. I got mine off the Samsung website. And it came yesterday.

0 Likes