Re: Device Maintenance, Samsung Cloud, and Auto Restart Missing!
NISMORACER_206
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow got a email already here is what they said.

0 Likes
REVERENDMADDISON

Can you imagine how many 10s of thousands of Verizon customers would have to unite in an effort to make Verizon genuinely care about the customer experience? What they did to the OS and the UI on the Note 7 is a travesty, and utterly unnecessary, but thus is the arrogance of a very large company with a very large customer pool. Why should it matter to them if they lose a few here and there because they have, in some cases, crippled some great devices. In all fairness though, they are hardly the only company that sees only the profit margin, the bottom line, the size of its executives' bonuses, and dividends.

I came very close to switching to AT&T because Verizon service at my new house is TERRIBLE. Fortunately, I now have a phone (the Note 7) that can use WiFi calling. Verizon REFUSED to activate that feature (as well as video calling on my Nexus 6), and I soon regretted that I had not bought it unlocked from Moto. Now Verizon's policies are making life a bit miserable for those who bought the new Moto G4 or G4+ as the activation process is painful, laborious, and often unsuccessful. Thanks to the kind and thoughtful efforts of a VZW customer service person, it got done, but it should not have been so ridiculously time consuming.

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

AT&T has a "buy one get one" promo for the Note 7 .....ordered 2 and will pay the restocking fee to Verizon ($35 X 2 phones). The ATT deal  amounts to Pay the full $29.74/month for one device for 30 months and pay only $6.17 per month for the 2nd Note 7. So one costs $879 and the other $185.10. I will verify that AT&T did not do what VZW has done to the Note 7 before accepting shipment I will be happy to go back to their 50 gig cloud (ATT Locker .....available to all who have a share plan) as well.

wraith2k
Enthusiast - Level 2

AT&T version is good. My sister has it. I havent found that deal on their website. It looks like Its for the S7, but I'm going to keep looking.

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

I is hidden but when you log in accept the chat invitation and ask the customer service rep. They will tell you that you pay the full $29.34 per month per Note 7 but after the 3rd billing cycle, you start receiving a credit of $23.17 per month so that the second phone will cost a net of $6.17 per month (you also get credited the first 3 $29.17 chunks for the first 3 cycles). So you save $695 dollars off of the $879 for the "get one" phone. Just click to chat.

PittsburghBill
Enthusiast - Level 1

A temporary solution would be to use Google Drive. That way you can back up photos and apps.

If I would have known about this I would have stayed with AT&T. Now I can't go back as I will lose my bogo (as I bought mine through Costco).

Very upset with Verizon for this.

0 Likes
PBORG4565

I wonder if this is even legal what they did?Samsung gave us something and they essentially stole it from us. I want to know where is my fifteen gigs of free cloud storage ?What's next is Verizon going to take the charging assessories from the box and make us by theirs?

0 Likes
parksaeh12
Enthusiast - Level 2

any word from Verizon yet about this?

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

I have registered my disappointment with Verizon over the phone as well as by chat. The reps either play dumb (just like they did with the Samsung recall of the Note 7 less than 8 hours before the recall was announced or) or are not just acting  LOL. They act like they don't know anything about a Verizon change to the user interface/experience on the VZW's Note 7 compared to the Note 7s sold by other carriers. I still have a couple of days to return my Note paying at most the restocking fee. Which, given the recall, I will contest.

0 Likes