Defective Phone
NYDarryl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't understand why this is even an issue.A simple issue that should not even have to be addressed has been TOTALLY screwed up by Verizon and I want to know what they are going to do about it.  Here's my issue:  Thursday night I plugged in my Note 2 and the next morning it was still at 77%.  So I went to the Verizon store and after a series of tests, they determined the problem was a defective connection between the charger and the battery preventing the battery from charging so the phone would have to be replaced.  No problem, I have insurance so they press a few keys, fill out some forms and order me a replacement.

Now the problem.  Because it was Friday, Verizon said I would receive the phone Monday morning.  Nothing I can do about it so I turn off my phone and go home (it was my day off).  Saturday I have to work and I need to use my phone and at the end of the day it is down to 38%.  After work I go back to the Verizon store and explain the problem and that the new phone is coming Monday but what I need from them is to put my battery in a Note 2 and charge it or swap me a fully charged battery to use Sunday.  Since I am coming in Monday to activate my new phone they can even have their battery back if they want but I need to be able to use my phone at work on Sunday.

Simple right?  Well, first they tell me they don't have any Note 2 phones in the store so they can't charge it that way.  Then they tell me they no longer carry the battery for the Note 2 and if they did they could not give me one unless I bought it.  But best of all was when one of the tech people told me they DID have a Note 2 but they couldn't swap the batteries because they it is tasked to that specific phone and if they were audited by Verizon they could be fined.  Also, for the same reason they could not charge my battery because if they did and a Verizon rep came in they could be fined!

So even though they could have solved my problem, they instead told me they wouldn't do it.  After 15 years of being a loyal wireless customer and even dropping my cable to add Fios after 30 years with Time Warner, I am disappointed to say the least.  If this is how they are going to treat me perhaps I should rethink my loyalty...

Re: Defective Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NYDarryl, it's our goal to ensure that you have a working device. As a reflection of our commitment to you for the last 15 yearsof this wireless relationship, we've provided the one year manufacturer warranty. However, that device must be shipped directly from our wareshouse as our store locations do not fulfill device replacement orders. We apologize for any inconvenience this equipment matter may have caused you and hope that you reconsider your decision to switch to another wireless carrier.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

NYDarryl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually that is not correct.  The phone being shipped to me was not from Verizon, it was from the company I am buying my insurance from (Asurion).  My problem with Verizon was not the 3 days I would have to wait to receive my phone, my problem with Verizon was that they knew that the charging port on my phone was the only problem I had, so if I could just have a charge on my battery until he new phone came I would be ok. First they tell me that there are no other Note II phones in the entire store, and then tell me that even if there was they would not charge the battery.

On Sunday I went to the Best Buy in Queens Center and explained the problem to a woman in the Mobile Dept.  She listened for a minute, took my battery, took a boxed Note 2 out of the cabinet, put the battery in, plugged it up, and told me to come back in an hour or so.  I returned 2 hours later and she took it out and handed me a fully charged battery.  That's all I wanted from Tech Support at Verizon.

The latest turn in my story took place when my phone was not delivered on Monday.  Tuesday at about 7pm I called fedex and the box was lost.  I called Verizon and they said it would take 72 hours for a verification but after I voiced my strong objection they said they would send me a phone from the factory and deal with Fedex for compensation. So I had my old Droid X reactivated until my new phone arrives.  And the story continues...

0 Likes
Ibgd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I almost NEVER go into a store. The service used to be second to none....once upon a time!  My advice ALWAYS deal with tech support via phone. I would've asked for the store manager & if they weren't receptive, I'd ask for the regionals name & info. Believe be, your better off just going to the store, finding what you like and ordering it online. If there are any issues, they will handle it.

I have received 3-4 different phones in a period of less than 4 months due to technical issues. I had my upgrade fee credited, honored a sale price on a different phone I was going to change to, amongst other things.

I use a simple rule of reasonability ...is what I'm asking for unreasonable. A charged battery or one that works ---VERY REASONABLE!!! 

Same thing happened to me w/a Razr once & rather than alert us, they were waiting fin a per customer basis for complaints (which I thought was very shady & disappointing behavior).

Best of luck! 🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi NYDarryl,

I am sad to hear about your recent problems with your phone. This would definitely frustrate me. Please share some additional detail. What store did you visit? Do you remember who assisted you? I am happy to hear that you did get your phone replaced. Let us know if we can assist with anything else.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
NYDarryl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought this was settled but it has just gotten worse.  Lastm month I received my credit card bill with a $772 charge from Verizon!  I called Verizon to find out what is was for and hey said it was for a phone I bever returned!  We talked, they saw the returned phone on my file (they received it February 26) and said it was taken care of.

Well today my phone didn't work all day and when I got home I found out my account was suspended!  I called customer service and spoke to a manager and All hewould say was I have a balance of $1100 and if I didn't make arrangements to pay it right then, he would have to contact "outside collection bureaus to take care of it"!

Without going into detail about it, I told the manager he had no right to talk to a long term customer that way.  I pointed out the phone they are charging me for is a phone that they received over 4 months ago and to say I hadn't paid any months was ridiculous as I had EZ Pay for over a year.

So now I have to go into a holiday weekend with no phone service because I won't pay for a phone I returned 4 months ago that Verizon has acknowledged it received in a text and on my account whenever I call or go into a Verizon store (I've had to do both a number of times).  I am not happy about this.

grandflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service   Please see I was sent the 8 GB instead of the 16 GB, I paid with PREPAID, and no one can admit a mistake, no de...<<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes