Default Messages app has been VERY laggy
BradyElias86

Default Messages app has been very laggy lately so I switched to Message +. After doing this, all, and I mean EVERY SINGLE message in my Messages inbox resent to myself on the Message+ app. Is there anyway to stop all the resends or to fix the Messages lag issue?

0 Likes
Re: Default Messages app has been VERY laggy
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BradyElias86,

Messages should work properly at all times! Lets get this fixed. On the original messages application, how long is the lag in between messages? Is the lag only on sending or receiving? For the duplicates on the messaging plus application, do you have the application Hangouts installed? Are the duplicates appearing on new incoming messages or old messages?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
BradyElias86

When I receive a message, there is a 10-15 second lag between my words

appearing in the text. Lag is on send and recieve. Hangouts is installed

and the duplications are on old messages. I cleared up a lot of my phone

memory/cache, deleted old files/apps, changed my transition times to 0.5x

and turned GPU rendering on. None really helped. I opted to just use

hangouts instead of default messages and I no longer experience lag.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details, BradyElias86! I appreciate your time in trying these steps. I understand that you're now using the Hangouts application, instead and am glad to learn that the lag has gone away.  Can you also  please confirm that there are no duplicates appearing when messaging via Hangouts?

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dencar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry but I know the NOTE 4 works in the UK. My question was, does 4G work in the UK on the Note 4?

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you stay connected! Visit http://www.vzw.com/tripplanner to view our roaming options and networks available while in UK as it does vary by country.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
amberina
Enthusiast - Level 2

My messenger lags all the time also. Not always, but usually it takes up to 30 seconds to actually send a message

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amberina

I completely understand how important it is to ensure your device is working correctly! How long have your messages been sending slowly? Is this happening with every contact or just a few?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
amberina
Enthusiast - Level 2

every contact, and it's been happening since I got the phone in December. It seems to have something to do with wifi connections. If I'm on a slower connection, it makes the messages lag. Could that be possible?

0 Likes