Damaged my SD card?!
beatlesbabe44

My Note 3 (which I have been having a horrible experience with since the update even after a total factory reset) up and destroyed my SD card today. Out of the blue. The battery was low and the phone died before I could get to a charger. As soon as it plugged in it gave the damaged SD card notification. It was FINE prior to the battery dying. All my photos and videos are gone?! Very disappointed and wondering why this happened?   😞 Ready to trade this one in for a new one because my boyfriend has the same phone, Note 3, only difference is his is black mine is white, and he hasn't experienced any of the problems I have. Not one ... screen stays on after texts or when charged, no speaker to record text messages anymore, double or triple words and phrases when typing SOOOO many problems! Help please.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Damaged my SD card?!
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Have you tried verifying that the SD card is indeed damaged?  Try placing it in another phone or computer and see if you can view or salvage your files. 

Your over the air update to your Note 3 may need to be repaired.  Call Tech support and see if they can walk you thru connecting your phone to your PC and downloading and re install the update.  Or you can bring it in to a Samsung center at Best Buy and ask them to do it for you.  If you are missing files or have damaged files from an over the air update it can cause problems. If Tech Support can not resolve the problems for you, your phone has a 1 year warranty.  Your tech support representative will overnight a new phone to you. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Damaged my SD card?!
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Have you tried verifying that the SD card is indeed damaged?  Try placing it in another phone or computer and see if you can view or salvage your files. 

Your over the air update to your Note 3 may need to be repaired.  Call Tech support and see if they can walk you thru connecting your phone to your PC and downloading and re install the update.  Or you can bring it in to a Samsung center at Best Buy and ask them to do it for you.  If you are missing files or have damaged files from an over the air update it can cause problems. If Tech Support can not resolve the problems for you, your phone has a 1 year warranty.  Your tech support representative will overnight a new phone to you. 

0 Likes