Crashes and bugs after updating phone
jayphant
Enthusiast - Level 1

After I updated my phone, all my photos are "unable to load" and several of my apps crash upon opening or freeze (including Google Maps). Furthermore, I think there may be an issue with my GPS as both Google Maps and Waze are very buggy right now. I've restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled apps, etc... basically anything I could think of. Is anyone else having these issues?

Re: Crashes and bugs after updating phone
CostigN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, after the 4.4.4 update I have been experiencing the same problems you mentioned. Anyone know if there is somewhere with more info on these issues?

0 Likes
Willard84

I'm having similar issues, but was able to get a few of the apps that crashed working again through re-install:

HBO GO

Dashlane

Netflix

Support and Protection (Verizon)

Amazon Music

But I can't get the Kindle app to work. I keep getting a "you need to be connected to a network" message when I try to read a book. I'm connected to WiFi, but I connected from that and tried 4G LTE too...no dice. I've re-installed a number of times, but no go. Anyone else?

0 Likes
pcconley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same issue. I thought it was because it couldn't read the SD card, but my pictures are in the phone memory. I did find if I select a picture (even though it is a blank square) and then select "edit", the picture will come up. So that tells me they are still there. Also, if I use a file manager program I can locate the pictures and see them. It seems that maybe the default "Gallery" app is not working correctly? I will try and download a new picture app to see if that helps.

Also, I do see apps failing quite often now. Even the alarm clock stopped this morning. What a pain!

Anyone have any other ideas that work, please share.

0 Likes