Corporate store denied recall exchange
STEMON9

I read today on the Verizon site that I had the option to return my galaxy note 7 at a Verizon corporate store or Verizon as setup a link to order the replacement online.  I use my phone for business and decided that I needed a new phone immediately and headed for my corporate store located in Strongsville, Ohio.  The greeting person notified me during check-in that they are no longer exchanging or returning Galaxy Note 7s.  I asked to speak with a manager, and the manager told me that he received an email from Verizon notifying him that they should no longer accept Note 7 returns/exchanges about 45 minutes before I arrived.  Is this true, you are literally asking your customers to go without a phone for days?  They also told me to charge my phone to 40% capacity and continue using it until I receive my online replacement.  This seemed to be the opposite of the text I received from Verizon telling me to power my phone off immediately and return it.  I am so mad they sent me home with this thing.  I hope that store also accepts liability for my phone until this is resolved being that I need my phone for business.  My phone will be in flight this week and the airlines haven't been to keen on passengers traveling with this device.  Thanks Samsung and thank you Strongsville, Ohio Verizon wireless for taking care of me so well.  I read other posts of people who had good experiences today with their exchange, so I suppose I should not tear Verizon down as a whole, especially since they didn't make the phone, but blame the careless store employees who sent me away today.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Corporate store denied recall exchange
christinej_vzw
Verizon Employee
STEMON9,

Allow me to start by apologizing that you had this experience when exchanging out your Note 7. Your safety is always our number one concern. We, Verizon, did stop selling the Note 7 as of today. We recommend powering down your Note 7 when you are able to and return/exchange it. You may do this at any Verizon retail location, online at vzw.com , or through customer service at 800-922-0204. Your device payment plans have been cancelled &/or your upgrade dates have been reset to 08/01/16 so you will not come across any issues exchanging. You may exchange the Note 7 for any current Verizon device. We have gone ahead and provided feedback to the store's upper management as we do not want this to occur in the future.

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

The exact samething happened to me. Mine and my 14 year old son have note 7 and if one of these phones does burn I will only hold Verizon liable and will sue.

I want to just refund and find another carrier with better customer service.

christinej_vzw
Verizon Employee
STEMON9,

Allow me to start by apologizing that you had this experience when exchanging out your Note 7. Your safety is always our number one concern. We, Verizon, did stop selling the Note 7 as of today. We recommend powering down your Note 7 when you are able to and return/exchange it. You may do this at any Verizon retail location, online at vzw.com , or through customer service at 800-922-0204. Your device payment plans have been cancelled &/or your upgrade dates have been reset to 08/01/16 so you will not come across any issues exchanging. You may exchange the Note 7 for any current Verizon device. We have gone ahead and provided feedback to the store's upper management as we do not want this to occur in the future.

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

How about the store in midvale,utah. They sent me away twice second time saying last time saying they can't exchange it...even after calling customer service....

0 Likes
stever_vzw
Verizon Employee

ROYEVE47, I assure you that we want nothing more than to put the perfect phone in your hands & I would be happy to help. We take your safety very seriously and want to make this recall is easy as spossible for you.

Were you impacted by the same store location? You also have the ability to place an order online. I have included additional details here Samsung ...

SteveR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exact same treatment but the store in Midvale utah

0 Likes
STAYLOR864

Very similar experience. My wife and I brought our phones, accessories, chargers, etc., to the store we purchased our notes from, and we were turned away. They told us Samsung would be sending us a box to ship it back to them ( didn't see anything online indicating that would be the process) and that Verizon had nothing to do with the refund or credit. I'm sure Samsung can get our receipts from Verizon, but how do we audit and ensure we will be credited for everything (accessories and all) that we purchased to go along with the devices? And why do I now have to pay Verizon the upgrade fee for a new phone? I'm now responsible for the upgrade and taxes on 2 new phones, and I have to return my note or receive a bill for the full value of the recalled phone... How will galaxy gear work in all this? My wife specifically bought the new gear s to use with her phone... If we can't return that as well, we are now forced to stay with Samsung devices or have a watchbwe can't use. Best part of the experience was the salesman talked up the s7 edge for 15 minutes as a great alternative, only to then tell us it was out of stock with no restock date. Long story short, we are no closer to having anything taken care of, and instead have several MORE questions than we did before. I realize bad things happen, I'm sad for Samsung. But I was definitely made to feel like this was somehow MY FAULT at the store, and the only resolution I would get would come after I fork out some cash for new phones...

0 Likes