Comparable replacement for the Note7? What a disaster
ZillyB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see a lot of people say they received a text msg from Verizon. I haven't received one, but I have seen the new everywhere... so I figured I was impacted.

I had to fight for a $25 bill credit the FIRST time I exchanged my Note 7 --- my beloved Note 7 which was the best phone ever. Well, aside from the curved screen... I really hate that feature and found it annoying and isn't right for my work flow. The first exchange process was a nightmare. It was so bad I ended up losing an entire day of work. The store said I only got a $25 credit while in the store that day... which was a lie. I eventually got a bill credit. Great... but here's the thing. I originally bought my phone online. I live an hour's drive from any of the corporate stores. That doesn't even come close to compensating me for the the time and stress of exchanging it the first time.

Funny thing is, I was about to actually go exchange this new one for another Note7 because there appears to be a ROM issue and it's been crashing. I was going to do it last week, but...since I live so far from a store, couldn't get there. I was going to do it tomorrow...but I now see this. It just keeps getting better.

This time I have to select a phone that is essentially a downgrade. I use the sPen/stylus for work -- that's why I have the Note. I require a good camera and the Note7 has been such a blessing. Now what? To make matters worse, I do have an old Note 4... but it's a Sprint phone. When I bought the Note7, it also coincided with a switch to Verizon after 17 years with Sprint. So, it's not like I can just fire the old Note 4 back up.

Who is going to compensate me for having to do this all over again? I'm an independent contractor... so taking a day off of work for this, again, is just ridiculous. I realize it's not Verizon's fault -- well, the Samsung issues aren't their fault. The experience I had in the corporate store is, though. Their lack of website purchase support for this is also their fault.

Do we get additional compensation? Am I going to be charged a restock fee and taxes for something that isn't may fault? What about the two cases and additional charge cables I bought that can't be used on something else? The USB-C is nice and all.... but I don't have any other device that uses it.

I know I'm not alone...just wanted to add my rant to the pile... I'm not sure what I'm going to do and I don't seem to be able to get any solid answers.

0 Likes
Re: Comparable replacement for the Note7? What a disaster
diredup
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel your pain, I had to do a 7 hour round trip to hit a corporate store for the first exchange. I will admit it went smoothly, no hitches or extra fee's added that time. When I got the text from Verizon saying my Note 7 is toast (love that phone) I vowed if I had to make that trip again,  I was moving to AT&T, corporate store 45 minutes away. I've been going over phone spec's for the last hour and haven't found anything I like except the S7 edge, however not crazy about it. The google phone wouldn't be to bad but no sd card slot. Not sure what I'm going to do.

STEETT16
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check out the HTC10.  I had the M8 and loved it.  Was talked into Samsung, and this is a pain in the neck.  HTC is high quality, though doesn't get the credit.  I'm also waiting to see what the Pixel offers.  HTC is producing them, so I expect high quality.

0 Likes
STEETT16
Enthusiast - Level 2

No sd card?  I didn't know that.  That's a deal breaker if true.  I had the Edge while waiting for replacement 7, and hated it.  It was just uncomfortable.  As I said below, HTC is a great, underrated phone.

stever_vzw
Verizon Employee

It is important to us that you are aware of all available options for your replacement, ZillyB and I would be happy to help. I assure you that we want nothing more than to turn this entire experience around for you.

If you are considering the alternative device, you can use our "check your device" tool to research its eligibility on our network. We are also able to provide online order support. Are you currently having trouble placing an order at the moment? We are also empowered to submit feedback to the store location on your behalf, if needed. Please reach back out to us at your earliest convenience and we will be happy to assist.

SteveR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is rediculous...tried to go to corporate store where I PURCHASHED the device and told to leave the store,.

0 Likes
SOUTHGEORGIAGIRL30
Enthusiast - Level 1

The ONLY reason I upgraded was to get the Note 7, or I would have kept my note 4 that I traded in to verizon for the Note 7. With that being said, there isn't another type of phone that I wanna Upgrade and make payments on, so i need my note 4 back thats paid for

Aulwesjo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish I would have kept my note 4 that I traded in to Verizon for the Note 7. Has anyone seen any deals online for any Samsung phones? I'm looking for a buy one get one half or free. I don't think an S7 or Note 5 is worth full retail if it's more than 6 months old. The trade in value is only $300.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here for you. What do you mean by 6 months old?

0 Likes
photomu
Enthusiast - Level 3

diredup​  No SD card?  WOW!  Yes, that's a deal breaker for me.  Also, I really wanted/needed the stylus.  I don't imagine the Google phone is for me.  I'm not interested in the "pure android experience" as I have no interest in tinkering around with it constantly to get it to run like my Note 7.

This is a disaster, yes.