Charging
Brianh1982
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I have my phone plugged in, it shows it charging. Instead of the power increasing,  the power is decreasing.  As I am typing this I started with 62, now I am at 57 and my phone is "charging" haven't even had this phone for a year now. Please help!!!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Charging
2462woods
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not a charger that came from factory,  just went to target and picked one up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

You have a bad charger.  Stop using it immediately.  It could cause more damage.

0 Likes
Brianh1982
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just bought this charger today. My old charger was doing the same thing, so bought a new one and is doing it again.

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Are you using the correct chargers for your phone.  Try only OEM chargers. 

Have you tried changing outlets? Try another wall. 

Make sure it's properly connected and tight.  Switch out the connector and usb cable. 

If the phone is not charging this is covered under warranty.  If the charging port is broke this probably is not be covered under warranty and you will have to use your insurance.

I've seen this so much and its almost always a bad charger.

0 Likes
Brianh1982
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah its an OEM charger,  it's the same charger as I got when I got my phone. Just frustrating. Thanks for all your help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brianh1982 help has arrived! Lets get you charged up! How long have you been experiencing this issue? Has there been any physical/water damage to the device? Is the charging port loose or have any corrosion?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MrsChrietzberg2013
Enthusiast - Level 1

As of two days ago I am having the exact same problem with my phone. No water damage, correct charger that was issued with the phone, and steadily decreases the battery level. I have had this phone under 1 year. I plug it into the wall it is secure. When I plug it in it tells me "for faster charge use the charger that came with the phone." I put my phone on the charger last night when I went to bed and when I woke up it had went from 16% to 72% in 6 hours. Help!!!!!!!!!Kathleen

0 Likes
2462woods
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had dat Problem I just replaced my charger.  It works fine now.

0 Likes
2462woods
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not a charger that came from factory,  just went to target and picked one up.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Just make sure when your charging with a non OEM you pull the phone off right as it's done, otherwise you could possibly burn the finals up in the phone.. you should be able to see the ratings on each charger how much they put out as long as there the same or the one you bought is slightly less than that of the O.E.M you should be ok course buying oem's is always the best choice if you find em. b

0 Likes