Changing Colors of apps after the Lollipop upgrade
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

Does anyone know how I can change the color of the apps after the lollipop upgrade?  My default messaging app is some kind of baby food carrot orange and the gmail app is threat level red.  The color even bleeds into the top notification bar which is annoying since it masks any notification icons that are present.  The Jacksonville Jaguars blue that took over in the Contacts menu is not fun either.  I would rather not download a launcher to get the phone back to something that feels more "adult".  Can anyone help?

Re: Changing Colors of apps after the Lollipop upgrade
TeamChiefy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd like an answer to this question too...

PS: the color descriptions you used made me chuckle, thanks for that!

Tidbits
Legend

send a message to Samsung.  It's the colors they chose for their inhouse apps.  Also they are following the design rules set by Google with Lollipop.

0 Likes
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

So I need to post this on the Verizon site, the Samsung site and the Google site?  Probably just easier to switch to AT&T and get an iPhone.  I liked android/samsung because I though it could be customized and personalized.  Am I really stuck with that orange for messages and red for email until Samsung/Android bring back customization? 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can always use other apps over the ones provided for you. Customizations isn't always just colors 🙂

jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

I suppose that is true but then I'm dedicating space for something I feel I really shouldn't have to.  I can't believe someone at any of those companies said: "Everybody will love these colors!  Noone will ever want to change them, so let's remove customization".  Thanks Captain Inconsiderate.

Tidbits
Legend

Talk to Samsung and Google. Google chose the UX/UI standards and that's what Samsung interpretation of said standards.

Verizon has no say.

0 Likes
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon does have say.  I'm not going to talk to Samsung and Google.  I'm not paying Samsung or Google $140 a month.  Verizon sold me this device, takes over $1600 from me each year, and managed the update on the device that they sold me.  The product that I have after the update is very different from the KitKat version I spent $300 on just two months ago.  I wouldn't have bought this phone if it was like this at the time. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

LG didn't do much better with their color schemes.  However, the messaging is mustard yellow and Gmail is threat level red as well.  The headers to also change the notification bar depending on the screen image.  This is a Google design as far as non-manufacturer apps go.  Think of it this way:  what if you didn't like another color that was picked for the app colors?  Maybe you wanted something less "adult."  Maybe you wanted colors that were mustard and threat level and whatnot.   What would you do then?

0 Likes
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

I would like to be able to go into the settings and change the color or the theme or whatever.