Cannot hear anything when making or receiving calls on Note 3
ahtt01

So today I noticed that when I go to make a call on my Note 3 the call goes through even though I cannot hear the dial tone or ringer and when I speak into the phone the person on the other end cannot here me.  I cannot here them either. I when I receive a call from someone it is the same issue. My ringer will go off,  but I cannot hear them and they cannot hear me after answering call.  I am still able to access my 4g data, send texts and I am getting  a strong signal (4-5 bars). When I went out my settings under mobile networks, then network mode it was set to global.  I changed it to  CDMA/LTE/EVDO but the problem  still persists.  Has anyone been experiencing this problem or know of any possible solutions. The timing for this is really horrible since I have a family member in another state who is currently hospitalized and this is preventing me from keeping up to date with them.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot hear anything when making or receiving calls on Note 3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ahtt01!

I apologize for the inconvenience, we'll get this figured out! Has the phone been exposed to any physical/water damage? Have you recently downloaded any new applications? Have you tried to remove and reinsert the battery?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ahtt01

No the phone hasn't had any damage to it. The speakers for the phone work perfectly outside of  when I try to make a call and cannot hear anything.

0 Likes
ahtt01

As for any new apps the last thing I downloaded was a music player,  but that was well before this issue started. I have removed the battery, I have restarted the phone and I have even backed up all my data and did a factory reset but the problem is still present

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details ahtt01! I will follow you and send you a direct message. Please reply so we may review options. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes