Can't get the updated Verizon Messages app to work on wifi as the update claims it will
Jcorder
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the update to the Verizon Messages app yesterday and when I opened it, it said the smartphone will now send and receive text messages over wifi when the cellular network is not available.  I have been unable to make this work and I contacted Verizon and the tech said that obviously it will not work on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, but it said it will work on my device when I look at the app store.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Can't get the updated Verizon Messages app to work on wifi as the update claims it will
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be delighted to review this for you Jcorder! Do you mind sharing if messages are able to send when not connected to WIFI? Have you had the ability to test more than one WIFI location? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Re: Can't get the updated Verizon Messages app to work on wifi as the update claims it will
johnnycNJ

I have a Note 3 and it just began working on WiFi for me about two days ago... maybe there was an update it did and I missed it. On the about screen is says Message+:5.0  The only annoying thing now is that whenever I drop cellular signal, which has been more often for Verizon users in my area for the past two months because we are now in a "variable signal" zone.  Had not been in this zone for the past 10 years... but I digress...  The annoying thing is it puts up a notification alert every time it jumps onto wifi.  Pretty annoying with my bluetooth watch as I wanted my Messaging App to report the text messages to me over wifi and now I have to use the Samsung stock to push to my watch so I do not get an alert every couple minutes because I change to wifi.  Wish the app allowed you to change what notifications (other than text messages) are displayed on the phone.

0 Likes
Jcorder
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday morning, the icon appeared telling me that Message+ was connected to WIFI, however, all day today, I would have it show that I had messages, I would look on my pulldown and it would show that I had messages, but when I went to the app, the messages had disappeared.  The same thing has been happening with my email.  The native email app would not pull down my mail folders, so I had to load a 3rd party app the does pull them down, but then it loses emails.  This is the 2nd Note 3 I have had.  My original started giving me a black screen when I tried to answer a call and I would have to reboot the phone and call them back.  Now this replacement loses email and messages.  In my business, these are very important.  Not sure what I am going to do, not happy with my choice of phones at this point.  Thank you for offering to look into the problems for me, I appreciate it.

0 Likes