Re: Refund only
srisque
Enthusiast - Level 3

MRJones33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Candiceh_vzw,

I have contacted Verizon twice about this and they are staying that the upgrade fee that will be returned is the $20 activation fee for moving from the S7 Edge to the Note7. They say the $330 is a device payment against the S7 Edge that was traded in and is not related to the Note7 purchase... Even though they are the same transaction and are on the same receipt... And without a Note7 in the mix, there is no justification at all for me to have ever made a $330 payment to Verizon. Is there a person or manager that I can reach out to that can indeed verify what will be refunded before I send my phone back to Verizon/Samsung? I paid $390 in upgrade fee and taxes to walk out the door with a Note7... Any less of a refund than that is unacceptable.

ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

That was a long answer just to tell me to wait for a box. As I stated, and many others have, we have 0 interest in replacing the Note 7 with anything in the current line up of phones. It is almost an insult to our intelligence to continue to repeat it. Just say "a box is on the way" and I'll wait quietly. Since no information had been provides regarding the box, most of us probably expected to initiate the box transaction.

0 Likes
josepht_vzw
Verizon Employee
MRJones33,

That's hard to say without knowing more information. I'm glad to help with this today. Was that $330 to pay off the S7 Edge, or was it a down payment against the cost of the Note 7?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MRJones33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Josepht_vzn... I have no doubt that if the money was a down payment or full payment towards the Note7, that you would be refunding my money. Samsung has said that and the Verizon website and FAQ have said that.

My $330 was to pay off the S7 Edge and get out of the equipment contract so that I could get the Note7. It shows up on the Note7 receipt as an Upgrade Fee. There are a lot of people who trades in great condition phones to get to the Note7... I traded in a great condition (59 days old) S7 Edge and $330 so that I could upgrade. Giving back the Note7 and being told I don't owe anything does not get us back to even.

marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

JONBRI25, We understand that the return process for the Note 7 con be confusing if you don't know the correct steps to take. Customers that have upgraded the the Note 7 will receive a safety box in which to return the phone. Have you processed an exchange yet? The box usually comes 1-3 weeks after that. Until it arrives you are asked to reset the phone to factory settings and power it off completely.

MarcusS_VZW

0 Likes
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

So, if we don't upgrade/downgrade, they won't send the return box?

0 Likes
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

MRJones33, I understand your concern regarding the trade in/return process with the Note 7 recall.  I would be concerned as well if my phone was recalled.  At this time the Device Payment agreement you were on would have been automatically canceled. Any payments, taxes, and surcharges/fees that have been paid will be credited as part the batch refund process. (Allow 1-2 bill cycles.)

0 Likes
Gabbo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got off the phone with Verizon to activate my old phone. They would not send me a box to return the Note 7 and said I have to take it to a corporate store.

I called my nearest corporate store and they said they are not taking back the Note 7's and to do it online.

How the hell am I supposed to return this phone and get a refund?

rodz_r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is charging the $20 upgrade fee on purpose, trying to take advantage of the Recall and they are wrong for trying to do so.

With this action they are simply telling us that we have to pay for their mistakes, and we customers cant allow that, period.

I even talked over the phone to a Verizon customer support Manager, to challenge the $20 upgrade fee, simply because:

1. THIS IS NOT an upgrade but a DOWNGRADE.

2. IT is a RECALL FORCED on to us, because the Note 7 pose a security threat:

a. So that means that I'm NOT requesting an upgrade, but an exchange, that again is FORCED on to US customers.

3. IT IS now a FEDERAL crime to bring a Galaxy Note 7 onto an airplane, and Offenders are subject to civil penalties of up to $179,933 for each violation.

So again we are forced to exchange our Note 7.

4. There is no future update support.

Samsung has cancelled the Glaxy Note 7.

That means no new security patches, no new feature updates, and certainly no upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat EVER.

5. Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc............

Verizon's manager insisted that the $20 was standing, so I told her to cancelled my exchange.

Now; today I had to call SAMSUNG, to report this situation.

And their answer was, wait, wait for it, wait for it..... " The carriers are NOT supposed to charge you anything, we do not know why they are doing that ".

Seriously VERIZON, what in the world, what do you people think is the meaning of NO CHARGE, $0.

People, DO NOT let them charge you the $20 upgrade fee.

So if they still try to get you on the $20 boat fee, take the course of action I did, I called Samsung and they helped me with the exchange to get a S7 edge + $100 for being loyal customer and NO $20 upgrade fee.

CHAME ON YOU VERIZON.