Re: Refund only
tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

Totally understand on the store front worries.

I guess they don't want to keep too many Note7 in the store that waiting to be exploded at any tie. LOL

It would be crazy if hearing a Verizon store got burnt down because of storing too many trigger-happy Note7's.

shice
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to return both of mine to 2 different stores. They wouldn't take them they said that Samsung will be send me fireproof boxes to return them. How will they know to send me 2 boxes? I don't want to upgrade either. I'm using my old note 4s until another phone that I really like come out. In the meantime I have to wait for hundreds of dollars in cash that I paid plus the $200 that I received when I traded in my phone.  Also I need to return an accessory that I used my $50 gift card for but will I get that $50 credit too?

jethro57
Enthusiast - Level 2

Markp, please send me an email indicating that it is acceptable to return a Note 7 to a Verizon store (purchased online directly from Verizon) and that they must accept the return.  In addition, please send me two (2) return boxes so that I may return both purchased phones.

Both phone lines will be moved back to the old phones while we wait for Samsung to release the Note 8, or equivalent, phones.

0 Likes
JONBRI25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Better a verizon store than my house

JONBRI25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please send me a box or call my store.  This return process should not be this difficult.

ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

I'm in the same boat here. I have an old Samsung S3 that I want to use until something comparable to the Note 7 comes out. I don't want an "upgrade" since there isn't one available. How can I get Verizon to just send me a box so I can return my Note 7?

WAWA1207
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, the VZW Rep seems to have disappeared. Has anyone found out how to just RETURN the phone? I am not going to exchange at this time and want to rid myself of this very pretty, explosive paperweight. That Verizon doesn't have a "link" that we can click to request the box and get a straight refund astounds me.

MRJones33
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will probably have to file a lawsuit with Verizon to get my $330 upgrade fee back from my S7 Edge that I used to get the Note7... so until I get it sorted out that I'm indeed getting that money back, Nobody is getting my Note7.

The temporary solution was that I walked into the corporate store and bought a Samsung J3 V. It is a Samsung SmartPhone, so in 1-2 billing cycles, I'll get my $100 credit from Samsung. The taxes were $11 and the phone costs me $7 a month. Once I see the $100 credit, I can dump the phone on ebay and probably come out ahead since the retail price of the phone was only $168 total.

As far as the recall, the said Verizon was working with Samsung to send out the return boxes. However, if you want to expedite the process and have Samsung get you a box more quickly, the Samsung Note 7 Return was 844-365-6197. Some of you have asked how you get a return, my advice would be call that number and see what Samsung can do about getting you a box to return your phone. For me personally, they can send me the box, but until somebody gives me my $330 upgrade fee back, nothing is being returned.

0 Likes
takendraw_vzw
Verizon Employee

I understand that this has been a long ordeal, ZukZekim. We are here to help in any way we can during this time. You should exchange their Note7 smartphones immediately. The simplest way to upgrade Note7s for another smartphone is to visit go.vzw.com/note7faq for information about how to upgrade online. After selecting which phone they would like, customers will receive a special recovery box to return their Note7.

To make this as easy as possible, any customer agreements associated with Note7 purchases have been automatically canceled and customers are eligible to upgrade their phones immediately. Any taxes, fees or downpayments assessed as part of a Note7 purchase will be automatically refunded. In addition, no restocking or upgrade fees will be charged for Note7 returns.

In regards to the box, Special handling recovery boxes are being sent to Note7 customers who did not return their device to a physical location. Recovery boxes are shipped to the address of the original Note7 order and you should receive the box within 1-2 weeks. If you have not received your box, then please contact us via  one of the methods this link: www.vzw.com/contactus

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
candiceh_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having to deal with this entire situation is indeed frustrating and we can understand being upset about this process MRJones33. We would like to clarify a few details about the process and hope that his helps with returning your phone as soon as possible. With regards to the returning of funds and fees, nothing can be processed until we physically have possession of the phone. That would be the case whether the phone is sent back to us via the recovery box that we send or if you contact Samsung directly as you have included in your previous message. Any upgrade or activation fees and taxes associated with the purchase of the Note 7 will be refunded again once the phone is in our possession. Verizon Wireless is not forcing customers to accept any of the current devices we have if they do not wish to purchase them. You can simply opt for a refund and that will be processed for you once the phone is is our possession. The $100 credit will be applied to the account for switching to another Samsung device after the exchange for the Note 7 has already taken place. It takes 1-2 billing cycles from the exchange date to receive this bill credit automatically. The fees you were billed for the device will be issued automatically so once the phone is returned, that process can begin. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns that we can answer for you.

CandiceH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!