Camera will not focus
pahunterguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Need help. My wife and I both have the Note 4. Since the update to 5.1.1, neither phone will focus correctly on items when using the camera. She is trying to take pictures of our kids and I try to take a photo of a check for mobile deposit and they turn out very blurry. Neither of us had any issues in the past, this just started since the update. I just did a factory reset on my phone for a work related issue and still have the same issue. I didn't reset my wife's phone since that didn't fix my issue. I also cleared cache on the camera and cleaned the camera and still have the same issue. Seems like this is a software issue, but I wanted to see if anyone else has seen this issue. Samsung wants me to send my phone in, but obviously I can't do that as I can't be with out my phone for 2 weeks while they "troubleshoot" it. All they will do is reset it again and send it back.

0 Likes
Re: Camera will not focus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pahunterguy,

We definitely want your devices working as they should. Whether its depositing a check or taking a photo our camera is an important feature. Currently there are no known issues with the software and the camera application that the manufacturer has made us aware of, so we'll want to do some more digging. Does the camera not focus at all distances or specific such as close distances when taking a photo of a check?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Housepenguin

In other forums I have seen other people have issues with the Lollipop update. Unfortunately from what I have read most carriers will say that nothing is wrong. I have read countless stories that people send the device away and it gets wiped or they receive a new device and they have the same issue. After the lollipop update both mine and my wife's overall performance has never been the same. It was a clean running phone before the update. Now we can't have as many apps open before the performance dwindles, the battery life has shortened, our antenna (3g and 4g) reception has lessened, we have to reboot daily to get wireless to access networks (because they come up as not in range) and we too have had some issues with the camera focus (although we can get it to work most of the time). Too bad they will not let you flash back to Kitkat. On developer sites I have read that it usually fixes most of these issues. Repair and re-installation of the same OS doesn't help. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
pahunterguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone and my wife's phone both have the issue. It is mostly when I am trying to take a close up photo of a check. Good news is I can move back and so far it is working, but I never had this issue until 5.1.1. My wife was trying to take pictures of our girls, just playing in the house. Generally speaking, it takes great pictures, but when we are trying to take closer pictures they are having trouble. I also agree with the other person, I have seen several places where others are having the exact same issue, but I when I contacted Samsung, it was like they never heard of the issue and you are saying you haven't heard of it. I guess I am the only person with 2 phones with the same issue that only started after the latest update. I refuse to believe it is a hardware issue. If you want, I can take some pictures as an example, but my problem is I can show you how well it was working before the update.

That being said, I also requested in the past that I would like to get upgraded to 6.x asap. If there is any way to get in on beta testing of the latest version of Android, please let me know. I am hoping that the next update fixes the issues. There are still a lot of memory loses in 5.1.1, even though it is much better than 5.0 was. Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes