Re: Call & text on other devices
NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

@Ethan76  We can hope Samsung will someday have the pull Apple enjoys. 

0 Likes
Tagguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just leave verizon. Why give them your money. I'm off to tmobile 

Mithex
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on the Galaxy S10 in the US. It is now 2021. I have received the oneUI 3 and android 11 update. This feature is still not enabled. I am investigating all options to get this to work. Is it possible to flash an unlocked firmware to my phone and use my existing Verizon sim? Would this enable the feature? I'm going to switch to T-Mobile if I can't figure this out. I have the whole Samsung ecosystem, I shell out so much money to Verizon I should be able to use the features that I pay for.

0 Likes
Seven0918
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually Message+ has not been working flawlessly. I was receiving text and phone calls without a problem to my tablet prior to the most recent update and all of a sudden it does not work. In fact message+ has been off and on/spotty per VZW itself.  The app is garbage now.

0 Likes
Seven0918
Enthusiast - Level 1

The app doesn't work though. I've restarted. Cleared data and cache. Uninstaller, installed and it doesn't work like it used to. My phone and tablet would ring at the same time. Now it does not. It only rings when I have the vzw message app open full screen.  On top of that the app picks and chooses when it allows you to dial or receive calls. And yes my emergency contact location has been added and updated. It hasn't changed for 10 years. Whoever okayed the last update needs to be fired.

0 Likes
Sapiosexual

This is not the case. I just purchased my wifi-only Samsung Galaxy Tab S 7 plus very recently. When I downloaded the message plus app to it, it said that I can make calls from it and to go to the menu to select the option. Well, it doesn't work. (It should be noted that my phone doesn't have this option in the menu.)

Come to find out, since April of 2018 Verizon wireless remove the ability from secondary devices to be able to do that. So in other words, on top of the hundreds of dollars a month Verizon Wireless gets from me, they expect me to set up a whole different plan for another phone number on a tablet that I don't need. We're in the middle of a global pandemic. Everybody is stuck at home. Even if I wasn't, I have a hotspot built into the dang phone. I'm tired of these redundancies where they're trying to get us to double and triple pay for stuff that we don't need. 

It's these type of underhanded practices that made them lose all of their customers to cheap companies like Sprint, T-Mobile and the prepaid companies. This is why they had to break down and give us unlimited data and they didn't want to. All I know how to do is charge us and restrict us. Yes. You have the best service through Verizon, but we're already paying for that service. Now, we're being restricted on what everybody else gets to do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have a working phone to use as needed and do not want your device to experience any issues like this going forward. To clarify, what is the make and model of your phone? How long have you had this issue with your device? 

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just found out my new Samsung Tab S7+ doesn't support the "call & text" feature even though my note10+ is listed as a supported device.

Really lame.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@564654654 ,

It's great to know that you have a Tab S7+ and a Note 10+, but there's a bit more we'd need to know on this to best assist you. Tablet Calling is done through the Verizon Messages app, after first using the app on your phone, then connecting the app from your tablet: https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-messages-calling-faqs/ & https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-200076/ . The S7+ also supports video chat via Google Hangouts, so where exactly are you having trouble when going through those steps?

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

You must not have read this thread, check out the OP first.

0 Likes