Re: Call & text on other devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you as a customer . I understand that this is a handy feature to have on the device. We strive to ensure that all device work to be the best of its capabilities on our network. Certain features will not work that are manufacturer specific. Though purchasing an unlocked device, to have these functions, we cannot guarantee or provide the support for them.  AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
MikeS10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't worry the unlocked version will not work either. Verizon blocks the features use on it as well. Time to switch to another carrier if you want to use all the Samsung features. That's what I plan to do in another 4 months when my contract is up unless they free up these features. They do not block the use of Apple features. Maybe they should become an Apple only store. Oh and by the way the Verizon message app really blows. If you use it on your phone you lose even more of Samsung's great features. Plus your tablet doesn't recognize that you have already viewed a message on the phone so if you don't get on the tablet for several days you will have a ton of unread messages that you then have to click on each one to remove notifications. Not seamless at all. Pluss I had a lot of freeze up issues on tablet while Verizon was installed. Removed and all good. Pure garbage. Verizon should warn all their customers that they will need to BOHICA before selling them an android device.

Fredwhocares
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've used message ÷ then went back to the the regular message app because message + messages would get lost or not be received for a couple of days. I have two exact phones with unreliable text messages. 

So Samsung has an app Verizon can't get to work with their system. Sounds like garbage to me since control is between tables and phone over BT or wifi. 

So why not answer the gentleman's question in a more respectful manner.  Message + terrible so bad. if that is your only solution than I'm going change carriers in two months. 

0 Likes
TheRevenite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hers the clear answer: Verizon and AT&T disabled the feature to force you to use their services. Plain and simple. 

If I install an unbranded ROM for my Note 10+ and use a Verizon sim, it works fine like the stock version. Until I reboot and it updates to remove it.  I'm about to cancel Verizon and move to TMobile. 

Funny how Apple prohibits the carrier from modifying features.  Wish other remanufactures had spines like that.  

devygravity

i contacted Verizon on this issue last night. They said it isn't a feature on their phones and you cannot pair them. I also couldn't get my Messaging + app either on my A7 tablet.  They told me point blank is on compatible with their service. Then Samsung confirm it with me. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your Messages+ is working properly, devygravity. Just to clarify, is this specifically only on your A7 tablet?

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
Blaze56
Enthusiast - Level 2

Messages Plus does not work with Samsung Tab A7.   The QR Code sent from Messages Plus to activate the app cannot be scanned by Tab A7.   So we can't use the native Messages App on the Tab A7 nor can we use Messages Plus.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate you clarifying, Blaze56. I know how useful it is to be able to use your messages on your tablet.  Are you entering your number or the number of the tablet? What error messages are you getting?  -AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Ethan76
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is not just useful or " handy", it is basic functionality for these devices. Verizon has disabled it for Samsung devices. Works fine on my wife's Apple devices. Why? Because Verizon has not intentionally removed it.  It certainly isn't because Apple technology works better.   It is consumer fraud, plain and simple. They do it because they can. If you want Verizon coverage, you have to put up with these dishonest practices. Then, they update their Custormer Service knowledge articles with verbiage that instructs them to blame Samsung.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is for you to feel this way. We are here to help. The tablet service only allows data usage. The Messages+ application can be downloaded to a compatible device. You will need to access the application using your cellphone numbers since tablet numbers are not able to receive text messages. What happens when you try to access the application exactly? Have you had access at any point?

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes